Negative final pay

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
harper23
Trusted User
78 Posts
Trusted User
New Zealand
Trusted User

78Posts

7Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Negative final pay

We have an employee who's final pay is in negative as he has taken time ahead. He is being paid 3 days less the -41 hours holiday pay which leaves him with only a small payout but I can't process it as a red alert says to check values.

I cannot print payslip or continue.

I need to pay this employee on Friday and need to show him a payslip.

I have tried altering the dates and frequency and made his last pay include this weeks pay but it still won't let me process.

3 REPLIES 3
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Negative final pay

Hi @harper23 

The New Zealand MYOB Payroll (Desktop) program will allow the user to process a final pay for an employee where the value of the pay is negative. 

If you are referring to payroll in MYOB Essentials the amount value does need to be a positive value to process a pay for that employee. As a result, a negative final pay would not be possible, as only positives pays can be processed through MYOB Essentials.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

harper23
Trusted User
78 Posts
Trusted User
New Zealand
Trusted User

78Posts

7Kudos

2Solutions

Hi yes it is in Essentials, the employee had a positive amount to pay out in ordinary time worked but a negative final pay as he took too much holiday time off in advance.

IRD said to process the final ordinary days through MYOB payroll and then take the money off him as a staff payment in MYOB accounting as per his contract agreement for staff deductions.

No adjustments for paye, kiwisaver etc necessary.

I will need to manually adjust his leave account so it doesn't come up as owing.

Thank you, Barbara

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @harper23 

If you do need to adjust the leave of an employee with MYOB Essentials you would navigate to their employee record, select Leave and update the opening balance for that leave type. For example, if you wish to reduce the annual leave of the employee by 10 hours you would update the opening balance for that to be -10.

Don't forget to select the Save option on the employee (bottom left) after making those changes to the card.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post