New payroll filing with MYOB payroll

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Soph_TBL
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

35Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

New payroll filing with MYOB payroll

Can you please help me with what's going wrong with getting the EI return uploaded to IR File. I'm already a long time user of IR File and so have access and see the payroll filing tab. Please see the error when it comes to file transferring the EI return file that was created at end of my payrun today. It doesn't accept it in IR File. I do not want to manually enter all our employee details etc in and shouldn't have to.

Look forward to hearing from you. It is very late getting this up and running from MYOB ahead of when it will be inforced upon us. It's just creating more work for us unnecessarily as still have to pay monthly. It was far easier and quicker before. Still we have no choice now it seems - IRD making us conform as usual.

Cheers Sophia

PS: I realised that I still hadn't quite opted in properly online with IR File. Now I have but still an error with the 'employer monthly schedule' file uploading. Please view screen shot number 2 and 3 which shows the error log file.

2019-03-06_1757MYOB_payroll_error_uploading_payroll_returns_info_for_pay_period_end_05032019.png
2019-03-06_1757MYOB_payroll_error_uploading_payroll_returns_info_for_pay_period_end_05032019_2.png
2019-03-06_1757MYOB_payroll_error_uploading_payroll_returns_info_for_pay_period_end_05032019_3.png
4 REPLIES 4
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: New payroll filing with MYOB payroll

Hi @Soph_TBL 

If you are filing under the new PayDay filing option through the IRD website you would need to select the File transfer pay day schedules option on the File Transfer section of the IRD website.

We also have a really good online self-paced training course that will cover the Payday filing process from end to end (MYOB Software to the IRD site). You can check it out and enrol through MYOB Academy: Payday filing. Note: There is a slight cost associated with that course.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Soph_TBL
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

35Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks for your reply. So I have the setting in IR File to allow File Transfer for payday filing.

My new error file is now shown in the attached pdf. The pay ending date was on 5.3.19 and I processed the pay on 6.3.19 and paid the employees. The date of the return file is 6 March 2019. It tells me I cannot file for 6 March 2019 in the filing period selected 31 Mar 2019.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Soph_TBL 

I would recommend speaking to the IRD in relation to that particular message and circumstances into why you are not able to file for that particular period.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Soph_TBL
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

35Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

IRD have advised it's because I opted in after the end of Feb - early March. Even though I did so prior to first pay run - I didn't realise that you needed to opt in the month prior and I didn't want to muck things up for Feb return so left until after 28.2.19 to opt in. That means that I still have to file monthly as usual for March 2019 return and can't file the weekly pay returns. So yes I got my answer as to why I couldn't file weekly. Thanks. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post