New Zealand
Fiona_Ellis
Experienced Partner

96Posts

21Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

OLE Error Code 0x80080005: Server Execution Failed

I am running Windows 10 and have recently upgraded to the new 1709 release. Since then I cannot email payslips from MYOB, whether or not Outlook is running (NB: it used to work if I closed Outlook before I emailed the payslips). It comes up with the following system error message, before shutting itself down:System Error Message.jpg

I have tried uninstalling / reinstalling the program, deleting the AOReport.dll (as described in your support note) and running the register.bat file - which came up with the following errors:

Register Batch file.jpg

This looks worrying? Anyway, I am totally stumped at this stage.

Fiona Ellis
Sort IT Business Solutions
2 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
23,538 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

23538Posts

2664Kudos

3369Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: OLE Error Code 0x80080005: Server Execution Failed

Hi @Fiona_Ellis

In the cases, I have seen of 'Error Code 0x80080005: Server Execution Failed' message you can normally select the other option in the email window and those emails will send successfully. For example, if you have selected "Send via Outlook 2013 or above" change the email option to be "Send via Email Software" before attempting to send those emails. I would also recommend trying with Outlook open and closed.

I've also attached a document that outlines register.bat and registering those missing files if required.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Experienced Partner Fiona_Ellis
96 Posts
Experienced Partner
New Zealand
Fiona_Ellis
Experienced Partner

96Posts

21Kudos

1Solutions

Re: OLE Error Code 0x80080005: Server Execution Failed

Thanks Steven

I tested by sending a payslip to myself using the 'Send via email option' with Outlook open first. It seemed to send OK according to MYOB Payroll (the transmission report appeared after a couple of minutes, and there were no error messages ). However when I checked Outlook there was nothing in either my inbox or sent Items. I did several send / receives to double check. So I then tried it with Outlook closed and, hey presto, it worked!  

I have not tried to restore the missing payroll files now it seems to be working - but will revisit if necessary!

Fiona Ellis
Sort IT Business Solutions
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post