Cover User
New Zealand
gini91
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

PAYE EMS Schedule not creating .blk file

Hi, I have just tried to transfer my Employer Monthly schedules to IRD and this is the first time I have encountered this problem..  I keep coming up with the following error message - File extension .EDF is not allowed valid extension(s) are: txt, .csv - my current (and always  used file extensions are .EDF, .EMS, .KED - how do I correct this??

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
30,395 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

30395Posts

3771Kudos

4437Solutions

Re: PAYE EMS Schedule not creating .blk file

Hi @gini91 

The IRD website has gone through some changes recently and thus previously values have been hidden and possibly removed, making way for Payday filing. If you are having trouble uploading your file I would recommend speaking to the IRD in regards to that website.

From an MYOB Payroll point of view, if you have generated the zip file/text files using the Reports>>IRD reports>>Create IRD Reports then it has successfully generated the file.  If you are needing a csv file you could look at extracting that zip file manually (right-click on it and select Extract All). Once that file has been extracted, right click on the file and rename the file extension to have .csv at the end of the file before attempting to upload. Note: MYOB Payroll is intended to produce a zip file that is able to be uploaded to the IRD using their compressed zip file option.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post