Payday Filing new and leaving employee details

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
sarahh02
Experienced User
85 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

85Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payday Filing new and leaving employee details

Hi there,

i have created my first march pay and the payroll has created the "new and leaving employee details" file.  When i go to upload it on the IRD website it comes up with an error message stating that the file should be a CSV not XSLX.  Obviously i haven't chosen the fiel type, and just expected it to load using the IRD file transfer page.  Can you give me a clue?

Thanks Sarah

8 REPLIES 8
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Payday Filing new and leaving employee details

Hi @sarahh02 

Recently, the IRD changed the file format of that required file. This change was made after the MYOB Payroll build was released and thus that option doesn't allow for the user to file correctly. We will be releasing an update later this month (March 2019) to comply with the changes to the file and also for other compliance changes i.e. PAYE changes. Do look out for that NZ Payroll 2019.1 release.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

sarahh02
Experienced User
85 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

85Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Steven, I will look out for it.  Will there be a way to change the existing file to enable us to upload it to IRD?

Cheers

Sarah

Jacqui_M
Trusted Cover User
92 Posts
Trusted Cover User
New Zealand
Trusted Cover User

92Posts

5Kudos

5Solutions

When will 2019.1 be released?  We have clients needing to file their reports now.  Why were we not advised that upgrading to 2018.3 would still not enable payday filing?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Jacqui_M 

As mentioned, we will be releasing MYOB Payroll 2019.1 later this particular month (Month) along with the standard compliance changes update.

In terms of the filing of the New and leaving employees file, my understanding, and I would encourage you to check with the IRD, is that the IRD have advised that it is not a requirement to file that file until April 1st. This is due to the recent changes that were made after most payroll providers had release updates for PayDay filing.

@sarahh02 in theory, you are welcome to edit that particular file within Notepad, however, we don't recommend doing that. As mentioned above in this post, it is not a requirement until April 1st.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

SmithE
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Contributing Cover User

13Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Sooooo, when is MYOB releasing 2019.1????

THank you

GraemeKnox
Experienced Partner
22 Posts
Experienced Partner
New Zealand
Experienced Partner

22Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Hi @SmithE 

MYOB Payroll 2019.1 is available from here https://www.myob.com/nz/comms/myob-payroll-release by clicking "Download Upgrade" button. Release notes are available here by clicking the "Release Notes" link. User guide are available here by clicking the "User Guide" link. 

Graeme
GoosesAccounts
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

I am using Payroll version 2019.1 and have just tried to file a new/departing employee spreadsheet by selecting the import spreadsheet option in the IRD website.  The file created by MYOB Payroll is a CSV file and I get an Import error of 'Unsupported file format' .  Therefore I cannot upload the file.  I tried changing the file to Excel format but this did not work either giving an error of 'Worksheet {Sheet1} is invalid for the imported document'.

Any suggestions please.  Thanks.  Karen.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @GoosesAccounts 

Generally, to upload a file for IRD filing you would file through the My Business>>Payroll Returns>>File transfer option.

Attachment.PNG

If you are still encountering that situation using that method, we do recommend contacting our dedicated New Zealand Payroll phone support team on 0508 328 283  to further investigate that situation.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post