Payday Filing upload report errors

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Bobcat66
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payday Filing upload report errors

Hi I cant seem to upload my CSV files once they have been created from payroll into the My IR.  The error coming back from my IR say errors found in uploaded file. then it lists about 50 items that need fixed before it can be uploaded.  What am I doing wrong or how do i know which lines to correct in the file? I was able to upload the EMS for Feb no problem and now when I have tried to do payday filing each pay week (3) I keep getting the same message. I am lost as to how to upload these files now.

Please help.

Thanks 

9 REPLIES 9
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Payday Filing upload report errors

Hi @Bobcat66 

My understanding is that if you are going to file under PayDay filing you would generate the relevant EI Return file within MYOB Payroll (Desktop). Once that process has been completed you would navigate to the File Returns section of My IR and selecting File transfer pay day schedules option before uploading the file.

If you are experiencing an issue with the upload of that file on the My IR portal I would recommend referring your enquiry to the IRD in relation to those issues.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

2,917Posts

720Kudos

362Solutions

Hi @Bobcat66 @Steven_M 

A clarification - when you upload files for payday filing - you click on the "date" first - then click file transfer - this has been most confusing - as there is two File transfer buttons - the first screen causes the error mentioned.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz
Bobcat66
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

ok thank you will contact IRD as under my returns that "file transfer payday schedule" doesnt appear? only the monthly EMS returns option is there? 

Bobcat66
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Thanks Jenny im still a bit confused, where do i click on the date first?ive now found where to file transfer and the payday filing but it is still coming up with errors?

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

2,917Posts

720Kudos

362Solutions

Hi @Bobcat66 

Go to My Business - Payroll (was IR Filing) - then click on the date for the month you are filing (31/3/19) then click on File or amend a return (top right)  - then click File Now. You will see other returns you have already lodged for the currenty month.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz
Bobcat66
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

thanks Jenny I can follow that but i havent loaded any for the month as it always came up with the error. I did a test of the reports on the IRD page and looks like it is formatted right but now that I had made changes in the most recent one paid yesterday as per the upload request it is showing errors again. IRD wont let me upload the previous 2 weeks that i havent been abel to do yet due to the dates being in the past. I think ill wait and submit an EMS for this month and then start fresh as of next week with the payday filing. (now i know where it goes)

louloubelle
3 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

Did you manage to solve this one.  I am having the same issue when trying to upload the CSV file for New / departing employees? I can load the return fine but the other one comes up with "Structural Errors" and then listing off a whole lot of errors such as " first field of the employee detail line must be DEI... I have tried to fix the errors manually on the file but still no luck. thanks

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @louloubelle 

I would recommend taking a look at my post on Payday Filing ED schedule. This does go through asking what version of the program that file was generated with, as changes were made with the Payroll 2019.1 to the file format of that file.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

louloubelle
3 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven

I'm working off the newest version, 2019/1.  The prior version in NZ had the problem with the new / departing employee information being created as a PDF as opposed to a CSV which IRD required.  This version is creating a CSV file but the format errors are with this.  The work around is to put it in manually but this is a pain as we have people starting and leaving most weeks

Cheers

Louise

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post