Payroll 2016 wont install!

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Partner
55 Posts
Experienced Partner
New Zealand
Experienced Partner

55Posts

11Kudos

1Solutions

Payroll 2016 wont install!

I have had problems with this specific client in the past, with upgrading their payroll.  So I am logged in remotely to their PC (using TeamViewer).  We have closed all programs, turned off the firewall, turned off the anti virus.  The client is logged into the PC - with Administrator priviledges.  We have tried to install the payroll update, but this didnt work.  So I have uninstalled payroll and gone into regedit and deleted any payroll folders.  I have also deleted all the temp files on the PC.  Im right clicking on the payroll icon (for the full install) and running as administrator - and I get as far as the program unpacking.  Then nothing.  45 minutes of mucking around on the clients PC and then another 34 minutes and counting, being on hold to MYOB (to try to speak to someone in the NZ office).

HELP!!!

What else can I possibly do?????

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,519 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,519Posts

5,091Kudos

5,491Solutions

Re: Payroll 2016 wont install!

Hi @Betabiz

Occasionally MYOB Payroll will show the unpacking window and then doesn't pop the installer window right away. I would recommend leaving it for a 5 -10 minutes while it does go through its process and sees if the installer window does appear - I've seen it appear after 45 minutes before.

If you have left that computer and the installer window hasn't appeared, do take a look at New Zealand Payroll Support Note: Installation troubleshooting.  Generally if clearing out the temp files doesn't correct it, I personally just start the computer in Safe Mode and run the installation through that - might be a little harder if you are using TeamViewer but certainly something that has worked for me in the past.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
2,640 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

2,640Posts

1,135Kudos

331Solutions

Hi there @Betabiz

I had a client just like this - running Windows Vista back in the day - I used to install in safemode every year - until they finally upgraded their computer last year. Did everything you had done - and was stumped as to why it wouldn't work.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz
Highlighted
Experienced Partner
55 Posts
Experienced Partner
New Zealand
Experienced Partner

55Posts

11Kudos

1Solutions

I did to - way back when!  They also upgraded their computer and we haven't had this problem since.  This client is running Windows 7 Professional!  You would think that would be fine.  Anyway, looks like I need to take a trip out there and do the safe mode thing.  Very frstrating!!  Also very frustrating to wait on a support phone line for over 40 minutes, before the call is answered :-(

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,519 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,519Posts

5,091Kudos

5,491Solutions

Hi @Betabiz

Sorry to hear that you were experiencing those delays in reaching the phone support team. We do have a dedicated partner support team that you should be able to reach when in need of support.  Also we encourage clients and partners to post on this Forum.

I've also passed on your feedback to your account manager who will be in contact shortly.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
2 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand
Cover User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Had this problem yesterday (windows 10) help said to wait at least 30 mins for the install to pop up, lucky they also sent me a help link http://help.myob.com/wiki/display/suppr/Installation+troubleshooting - skype running in the background was my problem.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post