Payroll Accumulator - can this be used to deduct money off an employee who wants to purchase something in a couple of months

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Madge24
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll Accumulator - can this be used to deduct money off an employee who wants to purchase something in a couple of months

Hi, We use NZ MYOB Payroll, and I use the accumulator frequently, but one employee wants me to deduct money for a few weeks, then purchase some tools.

Do I just do this as per normal and will it leave him in credit?

When it comes back to me in the banking, I will just code to tools as that will be what he is going to buy.

Thank you 

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Payroll Accumulator - can this be used to deduct money off an employee who wants to purchase something in a couple of months

Hi @Madge24 

An Accumulator in New Zealand Payroll Desktop can be used to keep track of staff purchases and the like. Our New Zealand Payroll Support Note: Setting up an Accumulator goes through the process of setting that up and how it can work for yourself. The example the Support Note uses is a loan but the same can apply to a staff purchase situation.

In terms of the actual staff purchase side of things, you typically have a situation where you the company has brought the goods and paid that supplier for them. You then have the staff having a value of their wages deducted to reduce the amount that is paid to that employee. From the banking side of things, have the withdrawal from the company bank accounts to make payment from those goods and you also have a reduce withdrawal for the pays, which is the reduced amount that paid the employee (Net pay less the deduction).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post