Payroll IR345

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Trandy
Trusted Cover User
123 Posts
Trusted Cover User
New Zealand
Trusted Cover User

123Posts

4Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll IR345

Hey There

Am I able in Payroll to manipulate the IRD remittance advice period to show the physical payment dates rather than the pay period end dates each month?  It doesn't seem so.  Why I ask is because the IRD is calculating tax for the month based on physical payment dates rather than pay period end dates and this means that each month the IR345 produced from Payroll may be incorrect if a pay was paid early or late.  I can't see anywhere in the actual program to manipulate the date range. The only fix I can think of is to tell Payroll the physical payment date falls within the same month as the pay period end date.  Even though that's not always the case.  My accountant says that apparently other clients he has who use other supplier Payroll progams are in fact able to manipulate the date range on the IR345.  

Regards

Jannette

2 REPLIES 2
jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

2,917Posts

720Kudos

362Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Payroll IR345

Hi @Trandy 

I'm guessing you are using MYOB Payroll? You need to update the PAYE period to match the payment date that you will put in before you finalise the pay. eg: If your W/E date is 31/7/19 and your payment date is 2/8/19, then still use W/E date 31/7/19 - but update the PAYE period to August, so that when you finalise the pay, the PAYE will report into August - the IRD remittance advice will then match what the IRD says. Altenately you can edit the date in the IRD page once you have lodged the Payday Filing. If you are using Essentials Payroll - this should be happening automatically.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz
Trandy
Trusted Cover User
123 Posts
Trusted Cover User
New Zealand
Trusted Cover User

123Posts

4Kudos

2Solutions

Re: Payroll IR345

Hey Jennie

I saw that solution in the knowledge base but didn't really get it but the way youve explained it I do.  Ok so next time I strike one of those situations I'll certainly give it a whirl and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again

Jannette

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post