MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Payroll Version 2018.3 (Payday Filing Compliant) - EI Return Preview doesn't work with Adobe

Experienced Partner Fiona_Ellis
113 Posts
Experienced Partner
New Zealand
Fiona_Ellis
Experienced Partner

113Posts

29Kudos

1Solutions

Payroll Version 2018.3 (Payday Filing Compliant) - EI Return Preview doesn't work with Adobe

Just giving the new payday compliant version that arrived yesterday a test drive, and notice that the preview button in the Employer Information window doesn't work. I have Adobe installed on my PC, but when I hit preview nothing happens. Then if I try again it says it's already open. I then found that Adobe was completed disabled on my PC (tried opening other PDF's, and the app itself) and I had to restart to get it to work again. Has anyone else found this to be the case?

Fiona Ellis
Sort IT Business Solutions
6 REPLIES 6
Ultimate Partner jenniek
2,326 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
jenniek
Ultimate Partner

2326Posts

954Kudos

297Solutions

Re: Payroll Version 2018.3 (Payday Filing Compliant) - EI Return Preview doesn't work with Adobe

Hi @Fiona_Ellis

Thanks for the heads up - we are already Payday Filing - but must admist we haven't tried to preview it in Adobe. We'll test that today and post again.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
28,651 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

28651Posts

3401Kudos

4215Solutions

Re: Payroll Version 2018.3 (Payday Filing Compliant) - EI Return Preview doesn't work with Adobe

Hi @Fiona_Ellis

Just testing the installation of Payroll 2018.3, followed by a preview generation of the EI Return with the latest version of Adobe I was able to successfully load that report in Adobe.

I do note that we have raised an issue in the fact that the PDF is secure and thus doesn't allow for printing or saving. This is something that we are looking at updating with the 2019.1 release in March.

CC @jenniek

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

113 Posts
Experienced Partner
New Zealand
Fiona_Ellis
Experienced Partner

113Posts

29Kudos

1Solutions

So are you saying that this problem could be specific to my PC? Odd that it worked when you previewed the report in Abobe, but it completely disabled Adobe on my PC when I tried to do it. 

Fiona Ellis
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
28,651 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

28651Posts

3401Kudos

4215Solutions

Hi @Fiona_Ellis

My post was merely to indicate that I didn't experience the same situation as yourself. This was to give other users and members of the MYOB Community an indication that it might be an environmental factor, rather than an application wide situation. However, if more people do come across this situation we would be happy to investigate it further.

From a personal standpoint, I haven't come across other situations like this with the installation of Payroll in the past or with the 2018.3 update (provided the computer is restarted as part of the installation - which is recommended).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User JenDPT
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
JenDPT
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Fiona_Ellis

I have also had this exact problem.  

At this stage, I have gone into the settings on my laptop and have chosen Microsoft Edge and am using that as the default programme to open any .pdf documents.

I can now open the pdf (and other pdfs on my laptop), but still cant print the report, as it is secure.

Waiting for MYOB to release a patch?? maybe so that I can print the report.

Regards

Jennie

113 Posts
Experienced Partner
New Zealand
Fiona_Ellis
Experienced Partner

113Posts

29Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks Jennie

Reassuring to know I am not the only one with gremlins in my PC! Hopefully it will get sorted soon as Adobe is defintely my preferred PDF app and don't want to have to switch to something else just because of this.

Fiona Ellis
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post