Payroll confirmation code invalid

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AnnaF
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

26Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll confirmation code invalid

Hi can someone please help me confirm my payroll file?

I have been using it for almost 2 years and it's now telling me the confirmation code is invalid and my file is now in read-only mode.

My hard drive failed in my computer so I have had to reinstall payroll and use a backup but go figure the backup has been made unusable AGAIN due to the confirmation code error.

This is about the 3rd time this has happened with MYOB payroll in the last 2 years and it's now getting very irritating.

Any help would be appreciated please.

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Payroll confirmation code invalid

Hi @AnnaF 

I can see from your account that we did have one of your company file showing as locked which would have impacted the confirmation of the company file. I've unlocked that company file for you, so do try that process again now.

If you are still encountering that message, I would recommend ensuring that you don't have any language packs installed on the computer including foreign ones. Along with that, the location and language setting within Windows is set to be English (New Zealand). 

In some cases, I encountered this one personally the other week, you may have to run Register.bat to ensure that Payroll has been installed correctly. Might be a recommendation for yourself as you have completed some reinstalls recently.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

AnnaF
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

26Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Payroll confirmation code invalid

Hi @Steven_M 

Thanks for your quick reply.

I did get another error message saying my software was not the version that was expected and that I still couldn't activate it. I then looked to see if there was an update available which it said my version was up to date (version 2019.1). I also tried the Register.bat link which told me none of my files existed even though I have been using Payroll on this computer.

In the end I uninstalled Payroll and reinstalled it to find out there was actually a new version (2020.1) and it is finally working!

Can't understand why it told me my version was up to date when it wasn't but many thanks for your help in fixing the confirmation code!

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post