New Zealand
Krissnz
Experienced Cover User

21Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Payroll journals - invalid username or password

Hi,

Can somebody please help.  I have recently sent my Accountright 2018.4 file in for repair and since uploading and getting it back working the payroll integration journals do not work.  Just gives a message saying invalid username or password.  I have followed instructions regarding post to SweetLouise to no avail.  

Accountright is set on Administrator (I am only user) and the box at top  is ticked to sign into my.MYOB.

In Payroll Options - Accounting I have tried connecting to the company file using Administrator login and my usual MYOB password however it just keeps telling me invalid username or password.  When I try Administrator with no password entered it returns to the Options - Accounting screen.   

Could someone who understands how all this works please give me some advice.

Thanks

Chris

4 REPLIES 4
Experienced User PurpleTiger
32 Posts
Experienced User
PurpleTiger
Experienced User

32Posts

4Kudos

2Solutions

Re: Payroll journals - invalid username or password

Hey there @Krissnz

Thank you for posting!

Would you be able to attach a screenshot of this “Invalid username or password” window? Is this happening after you have logged in to the file?

Are you attempting to connect an add on to the MYOB company file and software, if so which add on?

It sounds like some program or service can’t authenticate with the AccountRight file.

Thanks again Smiley Happy

Ultimate Partner jenniek
2,351 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
jenniek
Ultimate Partner

2351Posts

967Kudos

299Solutions

Hi @Krissnz

When your file was returned from MYOB - did they clear the password?

From your Payroll file - you will need to re-connect to the accounting file - by using the administrator and maybe no password?? or the password. I would try and log into the accounting file to confirm whether the long in works.

Otherwise I would say a phone call to MYOB might be in order - they will need to check what they did.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz
Experienced Cover User Krissnz
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Krissnz
Experienced Cover User

21Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks Jennie for your reply. Yes I think the password was deleted when the file was returned. I have re tried connecting in payroll as Administrator with a blank password and I didn’t get the error message so do you think this has now worked? I guess I won’t find out until the next payroll run when I try and post journals again. Fingers crossed. Many thanks for your time it’s appreciated.
Experienced Cover User Krissnz
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Krissnz
Experienced Cover User

21Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Purple Tiger
Thanks for your reply. I am only trying to connect MYOB payroll to Accountright so that the payroll journals will be posted-no add ons.
Thanks
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post