MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

40,166Posts

5,450Kudos

5,936Solutions

Re: Payroll previously used in a later version

Hi @jcbc 

If you select CTRL + R while on the Command Centre what does the MYOB Payroll Build show?

Ideally, that should show MYOB Payroll Build 2020.5.1114. If it does show an earlier number we do recommend uninstalling that version and then reinstalling using the link available on the Product Downloads page or your my.MYOB account

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

jcbc
Experienced User
49 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

49Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven

The version on one computer is 2020.5.1114, my existing computer was earlier so I uninstalled it

I have downloaded the payroll from my.myob

It downloads then 'unpacks' then nothing happens, I've tried restarting my computer & have been through all the troubleshooting tips but there is no payroll to open, I can't uninstall it under programs as it is not showing in there 

It look like the files are all there but I can't open it - see attached

Capture.JPG
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
40,166 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

40,166Posts

5,450Kudos

5,936Solutions

Hi @jcbc 

When you install MYOB Payroll it puts a series of files in the Temp folder for your user profile. If you reinstall the software on that computer it may generate that Overwrite Protection message you have mentioned, as it's trying to replace those files with the "new" installer files. Typically, selecting Yes to All is the way to go. Alternatively, clearing out your Temp folder prior to installation would be the way to go.

In terms of the actual installation not appearing, it is something that we have seen in the past for clients. It will typically pop the installation window up after a few minutes (have seen it be up to 30 minutes). To help the process we do recommend temporarily disabling other programs that are running such as other applications, including Skype and other messaging systems fully, antivirus and firewalls.  Note: The Overwrite Protection message would typically not impact that installation window from appearing or not. Although, if it is appearing and the installation window is not appearing, clearing that Temp folder prior to installation would be a recommendation.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post