Cover User
New Zealand
BindyR99
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

SOFTWARE ELIGIBLE FOR PAYROLL FILING

Please could you advice when MYOB Payroll will update the software to incorporate the new payroll filing with IRD's weekly payday filing coming into force on 1st April 2019

9 REPLIES 9
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
9,651 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

9651Posts

1044Kudos

1357Solutions

Re: SOFTWARE ELIGIBLE FOR PAYROLL FILING

Hi @BindyR99

I’ve checked with the team and they have advised me that the next release of NZ Payroll will indeed contain all of the appropriate functionality for the Payday Filing. At this stage I don’t have an exact date for its release, however it will be available before you have to start reporting through Payday Filing

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Jan_Bark
2 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand
Jan_Bark
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Is there an ETA on the NZ Payroll update with Payday Filing?

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
9,651 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

9651Posts

1044Kudos

1357Solutions

Hi @Jan_Bark

As mentioned previously in this thread, there currently isn’t an exact timeframe for the next release of NZ Payroll. That said this will be available before the requirement to report through Payday Filing

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Ultimate Partner jenniek
2,282 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
jenniek
Ultimate Partner

2282Posts

925Kudos

293Solutions

Hi @BindyR99, @Jan_Bark, @Neil_M

I was advised yesterday that there is an early release due to go out to those who registered for early access in the next week or so. IRD IR Filing dictates that you can only register at the beginning of a month ie 1/2/19, 1/3/19 or 1/4/19 - so guessing releases will be timed around these dates.

@Neil_M- can you at least give a more approximate date - saying you don't have a release date is making clients frustrated and worried that MYOB won't meet the targets.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
27,563 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

27563Posts

3242Kudos

4043Solutions

Hi @jenniek

As you have mentioned, we are working with selected clients over the coming period to test the new update and Payday PAYE filing process. A release date for other clients will be depending on that testing and possibly additional development work on the platform. This does mean that while we are would love to provide a release date to ease frustrations and confusion, we are unable to do so without that testing.

However, in saying that, I can assure clients (and yourself) that we are working on having a Payday PAYE solution for our listed payroll products ahead of the 1st of April release. And I would recommend checking our Payday PAYE site regularly for the most up-to-date information.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Ultimate Partner jenniek
2,282 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
jenniek
Ultimate Partner

2282Posts

925Kudos

293Solutions

Thanks @Steven_M

I understand totally - but without the inside knowledge that you have - you can understand what customers are getting is lack of information - and IRD is hounding them to register - the generic comments are not enough at this stage.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz
NettieNZ
3 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand
NettieNZ
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I received an email yesterday (as a selected client) but have been unable to download the new software for MYOB Payroll 2018.3 as per the instructions.  (Actually, my computer savvy boss tried with me watching).

I have attempted to phone, only to be put in a holding pattern and so I have given up.

When we log in and go to My Products>Download there is no new software there to download.  Attempts to download through the email "Download" button have proved unsuccessful also.

I would appreciate a phone call on 03 547 6923 so someone can talk us through these issues.

Thank you,

Nettie

TopZone Benchtops

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
27,563 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

27563Posts

3242Kudos

4043Solutions

Hi @NettieNZ

I'm personally am not aware of any specific errors with the downloading and installing of the new NZ Payroll version.  So we can assist further can you provide additional information into what is occurring?

In saying the above, clients have experienced some issues with downloading and installing payroll in the past (doesn't necessary include 2018.3). I've outlined them below:

• The installer is not downloading correctly, this is due to Internet Explorer removing the file extension from the installer file. In some cases, it replaces it with a series of numbers. For those situations attempting the download from another browser is recommended or renaming the file to have an exe file extension.

• Installer is not appearing after unpacking the program. Generally, this is caused by another program/processing running on the computer. Typically, waiting for a period of time (seen up to 20 minutes) for that install window to appear.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
27,563 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

27563Posts

3242Kudos

4043Solutions

Hi Everyone

For those interested in the current status of PayDay filing, do take a look at my post on Important PAYE PayDay filing information or as has been mentioned do check out our Payday PAYE site 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post