Setting up Annual leave for a salaried employee in MYOB Payroll 2019.1

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
sarahh02
Experienced User
85 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

85Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Setting up Annual leave for a salaried employee in MYOB Payroll 2019.1

Hi there,

i have a new employee started who will be paid monthly on an annual salary.  I understand the pay code should be set to days and that pay default quantity should be 21.75 days.  How do i ensure the Statutory holidays and Annual leave are recorded correctly for this employee?  I have read various threads but none appear to be related to this particular version of Payroll.  The options that have been suggested i don't have on my screen.

Thanks for your help. 

Cheers

Sarah

4 REPLIES 4
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Setting up Annual leave for a salaried employee in MYOB Payroll 2019.1

Hi @sarahh02 

Annual leave in New Zealand is paid out the average weekly earnings or ordinary weekly pay whichever one is higher. As such you want to ensure that the ordinary weekly pay is set up correctly i.e. you have the normal hours/days the employee works in the Pay Defaults/totals. It would also be good to ensure that you have the required amount of normal days a week the employee will work in the Leave details to ensure that the correct amount of days leave will be available for that employee (at their entitlement anniversary).

Public holidays are based on whether they work or not during that pay and whether it's their normal day or not. NZ Payroll Support Notes: Public Holidays and employee entitlementsStatutory (public) holiday payments good ones to look into in regards to payment and what you should be paying in relation to those public holidays.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

sarahh02
Experienced User
85 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

85Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks @Steven_M so am i to understand that the annual leave is paid over and above the monthly salary, which is based on the 21.75 days per month that he will work.  Or am i to adjust the number of days he actually works by the amount he was on leave? 

Cheers

Sarah

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @sarahh02 

Generally, you would work out the number of days/hours the employee has taken leave and then adjust the Enter Pays window accordingly for that. However, it is best to speak to Employment NZ or a similar organisation to clarify if that leave will be ontop of the existing salary package.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

2,917Posts

720Kudos

362Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @sarahh02 

You would adjust the SAL code amount by the $ amount of leave taken (whether that be sick leave of annual leave etc) - so that the total amount paid ids the same. However this would differ if the employee gets a bonus, or extra pay for some reason - which forms part of gross earnings. This will increase the average rate of pay for annual leave - so the employee could well be paid a bit more when he takes leave.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post