Terminating employee with outstanding leave that will not be paid

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Lisa10
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Terminating employee with outstanding leave that will not be paid

Good Morning,

I have an emoloyee who has left but is over in her annual leave (bosses daughter) the boss doesn't want her to pay any of it back. How do I terminate her & 0 balance out her leave?

Thank you

Lisa

5 REPLIES 5
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: MYOB PAYROLL 2020.1

Hi @Lisa10 

Should you be needing to remove annual leave and other leave hours for the employee without paying them you want to complete the following process:

1. Navigate to the required employee in the Maintain Employees
  2. Select the Leave tab
  3. Overwrite their Holiday Pay Due value to be 0.00
  4. Overwrite their Annual Leave Due as at xx/xx/xxx value to make the Current Annual Leave Due balance 0.00 i.e. make that Annual Leave Due as at xx/xx/xxx a negative (consideration would need to be taken into account for the [Less] Annual leave taken since value)
  5. Select the Other Leave tab
  6. Update the Current Alternatively Holidays due value to be 0.00

By zeroing out those records it makes the employee open to having their Finish Date and Reason entered in the Employment Details. Once those values have been entered the employee will become an Ex-employee.

Note: Removing the level values from an employee to make them allowed to be manually terminated is something that should only be in certain circumstances. We do recommend running the situation across an organisation like Employment NZ to ensure that there are no other obligations that need to be paid to the employee.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Lisa10
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you.

Jo8
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

18Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I have the same problem but if I go into the leave tab - Annual Leave owing, it is greyed out so I am unable to zero out the leave owing.  Please help!

Lisa10
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Jo8 I am not sure why it is greyed out as I was able to put it to zero. Perhaps ask an MYOB expert. Sorry i couldn't be more helpful. 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Jo8 

With MYOB Payroll Desktop (NZ), a user will not be able to directly impact the Current Annual Leave due. As such, if you are needing to remove leave for an employee for any reason you would be looking at updating that Annual leave due as a xx/xx/xxxx due value. Ensure that you are updating the Hours, as the weeks value will be greyed out.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post