4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Timesheets & day in lieu

Hi,

I have a query regarding timesheets, Day in Lieu and calculations etc

When time in lieu is taken, on the timesheet is it supposed to read the amount of hours worked is what you are paid for, and then you owe those same hours in the summary calculation?

This confuses me as I have worked more than 50hrs overtime of what I calculated and have used 24 hrs of those 50hrs but according to my timesheet summary, it shows that I am in a neg- number of hours, and not positive. So rather than it show 50hrs hours of time in lieu being banked for me for future use, it shows a negative number.

When I looked at my timesheet, it shows for the DIL, I got paid 8hrs for each DIL and in the  “Total owing/Total overpaid” column it shows -8hrs for each DIL. So now my timesheet is saying I am -24hrs for “Total owing/Total overpaid”. Negative number meaning I owe work these hours. 

What I see in these calculations is a lose-lose situation for myself eg no matter if I take the DIL, I still have to owe those hours I earnt and am entitled to take.

Please help me. 

4 REPLIES 4
Ultimate Partner jenniek
2,427 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

2,427Posts

1,006Kudos

303Solutions

Re: It isn’t making sense to me?

Hi @Blessed 

Which Payroll?

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz
Blessed
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Blessed
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I’m not sure. 

Sorry, i thought this was a public forum and I was just seeking some advice. 

MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,902Posts

215Kudos

215Solutions

Hi @Blessed 

Thank you for your post. I hope you're finding plenty of useful tips, advice and support on the community forum. 

This is a public forum in which you can come and provide input as well as ask questions and receive advice.  With that said, sometimes we need additional information in order to assist with the right information. In this case we need to know which MYOB payroll product you are using. I cannot look up your account based on the email address on the forum to check which product you are on. 

Please let us know so we can further assist. @jenniek is likely to know way more about NZ payroll as I'm Aus based but we can provide information once we know where to direct you. Keep us posted! 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post