Unable to enter 2020 as current pay date

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Unable to enter 2020 as current pay date

I've just gone to enter our first pay for this decade and it won't accept 2020 as the date the current pay ended on but keeps changing it to 1920 and then tells me the date is before the current PAYE period! I'm using MYOB Payroll 2016

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,507 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,507Posts

5,091Kudos

5,491Solutions

Re: Unable to enter 2020 as current pay date

Hi @BHWH 

With the release of MYOB Payroll 2018.1, the ability to enter dates after 2020 was introduced. With the inclusion of this update, an employee finished date, KiwiSaver or pay period end date of after 01/01/2020 could be entered.

If you are running an earlier version such as 2016, we do recommend installing the MYOB Payroll update 2018.1 or later (latest being 2019.1) to gain access to the benefits of those later versions including the latest tax tables, PayDay filing and product changes.  The latest version can be downloaded via your my.MYOB account by selecting My Products>>Downloads after logging in. Note: An active Payroll subscription is required to have access to the latest product version. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

i already have license, still need to pay $759 for new subscription? 

kind regards

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,507 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,507Posts

5,091Kudos

5,491Solutions

Hi @SHIRLEY_SHAO 

To have access to the latest versions of MYOB Payroll and the benefits of those later versions you do need to have an active MYOB Payroll subscription at the time of release. Along with access to the latest versions, an MYOB Payroll subscription allows the user access to extended phone support by our dedicated Payroll team, discounts on training and more. 

An MYOB Payroll subscription can be obtained through our phone-based sales team on 0800 60 69 62. Alternatively, we'll be happy to arrange a callback from the desired team if you would like to send me a private message with your product serial number and best contact number.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
New Zealand
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

Yes I have the same problem, I have 2 people employed, I talked to custumer service who offered $600+ or $55 +GST per month package . Oh that's only for 1 Year.   Wow alot of money for 2 digits.How about a fix please.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,507 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,507Posts

5,091Kudos

5,491Solutions

Hi @chosen1 

If you do have a small number of employees you might like to consider upgrading to MYOB Essentials. This is an online-based product that users an internet browser to access data. It also has some added benefits with:

• PayAgent - which takes the hassle out of administrative payroll tasks and helps you meet your employer obligations
  • YourPay - timesheet app for employees
  • Up-to-date tax tables
  • PayDay filing capabilities

More information about MYOB Essentials payroll can be found on MYOB Essentials.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
New Zealand
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

The software I am using is quite ok and I can get the data I need pretty easy. So you after I buy a licence then I need to go from having no extra costs to $414 per year for the sake of two digits seems makes me feel a bit upset. Is there a no cost solution please? 

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,507 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,507Posts

5,091Kudos

5,491Solutions

Hi @chosen1 

Pre- MYOB Payroll 2018.1 versions* would have been designed to comply with the legalisation and PAYE tax tables at the time. As PAYE tax tables can change along with ACC Earner levies we do recommend that clients upgrade to later versions of the product to ensure that they are meeting the latest compliance changes. Older versions of Payroll pre-2018 will not be compliant and therefore not be supported by MYOB. 

In terms of other solutions to the date issue, I'm not aware of any other free solutions on the market or in-product that would allow those older Payroll versions to allow a date after 2020. We do recommend upgrading to the latest Payroll version (2019.1) or potentially upgrading to MYOB Essentials Payroll. 

*MYOB Payroll 2018.1 being the first year that 2020+ dates where available to be entered into the program.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
New Zealand
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

My MYOB software has not been "compliant" with PAYE tax tables etc for sometime but as I have said it is pretty easy to work around that

Do you beleive people would have brought your product in say 2017 would be expecting to HAVE to upgrade because the date couldn't go into 2020?

It is very very poor of MYOB that there software can't last just over 2 years with the date not being able to be changed. to 2020 and therefore non compliant don't you think?

Was this an oversight? If so there should be a patch to fix it up.

Can MYOB consumers expect that this is the new normal for MYOB that every few years there software cannot keep up with the correct date?

Remember we are talking about two digits

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,507 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,507Posts

5,091Kudos

5,491Solutions

Hi @chosen1 

From my understanding, the codebase in which older versions of MYOB Payroll was based on had a limitation of dates of 2020. With the release of Payroll 2018.1, we in-built a different layer of code that allowed for those extended dates. As this was a change to the product at a coding level to have access to that you do need to be on a later version of payroll i.e. Payroll 2018 and later.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post