payday filing file not uploading

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Donna113
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
New Zealand
Contributing User

8Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

payday filing file not uploading

Capture.PNG

Hi

When I try to upload my EI Employee file to IRD i get an error message.  I changed the file from an xlsx file to a CSV as it wouldn't accept the xlxs.

Can you pleae let me know what file should I be trying to upload and why the autoatically generated one doesn't work

Thanks

Donna

9 REPLIES 9
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: payday filing file not uploading

Hi @Donna113 

While it can be done, MYOB doesn't recommend updating the file extension or modifying the Employee Information Return file. 

In terms of your enquiry, I would recommend ensuring that you have uploaded the file to the necessary file location on the IRD location. Ideally, if you are uploading that file for payday filing you would need to navigate to the File transfer pay day schedules option on the File Transfer section of the IRD website.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Donna113
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
New Zealand
Contributing User

8Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks, just read another answer from artiture - it looks like there are problem with this file upload.

Will continue to try.

I have successfully uploaded the EI file, it is the new nad departing employees details that will not upload.

Donna

Mark_R57
2 Posts
User
New Zealand

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have exactly the same problem

Mark_R57
2 Posts
User
New Zealand

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Has anybody found a solution for this problem yet?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Donna113  @Mark_R57 

Changes were made to the file format for the New and Departing Employees file format by the IRD after many software providers have released an update for PayDay Filing. As such, this particular information is not required to be lodged until 1st April 2019.

From an MYOB Payroll point of view, we will be releasing an update (2019.1) in the coming period that will allow for the new report format to be generated and also for the compliance changes.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Donna113
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
New Zealand
Contributing User

8Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven

Sharpsigns
2 Posts
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

It is now past 1 April 2019 and I am still having the exact same problem. I cannot upload the employee start/finish file as the IRD site will not accept the IMS file format. When is the IMS

@Steven_M wrote:

Hi @Donna113  @Mark_R57 

Changes were made to the file format for the New and Departing Employees file format by the IRD after many software providers have released an update for PayDay Filing. As such, this particular information is not required to be lodged until 1st April 2019.

From an MYOB Payroll point of view, we will be releasing an update (2019.1) in the coming period that will allow for the new report format to be generated and also for the compliance changes.

update due for download?

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,924 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

2,924Posts

719Kudos

363Solutions

Hi @Sharpsigns 

Is it that you are not loading this to the correcot location in the IRD website - if you log in and click on Payroll - then look to the top right - File Transfer - then you will see a list of options - one is File Transfer Employee Details. This is where you load that information.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz
Sharpsigns
2 Posts
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

@jenniek wrote:

Hi @Sharpsigns 

Is it that you are not loading this to the correcot location in the IRD website - if you log in and click on Payroll - then look to the top right - File Transfer - then you will see a list of options - one is File Transfer Employee Details. This is where you load that information.

No, it wasn't that I was trying to upload information to the wrong option as I had no issues uploading the payroll info. I've just rung the help desk and it seems there is a bug in the initial payday filing update and there is a further update that I needed to load: version 6.4 sorts the issue.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post