MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

paying out holiday pay in error

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing User Barbarabcp
10 Posts
Contributing User
New Zealand
Barbarabcp
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

paying out holiday pay in error

Our payroll clerk put a 1 beside the holiday pay code and paid out to an employee when she went on maternity leave in Oct. She had Annual Leave of 63 hours and 92 hours accrued at the time. The annual leave was also paid out in the annual leave code.

The staff member came back to work in January 2018 and at her anniversary the 92 hours turned into Annual Leave still. Surely this shouldn't have happened as it was paid out in Holiday pay.

Her pay slips are still showing 92 hours annual leave. We have tried to do a mock final pay to see if it corrects itself but it wants to pay out the 92 hours. 

How do we fix this.

4 REPLIES 4
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,875 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29875Posts

3663Kudos

4382Solutions

Re: paying out holiday pay in error

Hi @Barbarabcp

Once a pay in New Zealand (Desktop) Payroll has been processed you are unable to delete a pay. If changes are required, ideally you would be looking at restoring a backup to before that pay was processed. If that is not an option, you would be looking at entering a negative/reversing pay to cancel out that particular pay. Our New Zealand Payroll Support Note: Reversing a pay would be able to assist with that process.

In terms of the employee being on parental leave, I would recommend taking a look my posts on accruing leave on maternity leave. This post outlines the way parental leave work and how it is deemed to be continuous service thus leave will still be accrued during that period.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Ultimate Partner jenniek
2,372 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
jenniek
Ultimate Partner

2372Posts

983Kudos

299Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @Barbarabcp

You need to work out the equivalent of the HP paid out and adjust down the balance of annual leave owing to reduce this balance (as she has ow been paid this money) - hopefully it won't be more than the ANHL owing - then do a reverals pay as per @Steven_M notes to reverse the HP amount and pay it out as ANHL to correct the balance owing - this reversing pay should be NIL.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz
Contributing User Barbarabcp
10 Posts
Contributing User
New Zealand
Barbarabcp
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you for coming in Jennie, this happens to be our most difficult employee who will take us to the cleaners over this mistake. We may just leave it and take a $1800 dollar hit as our mistake and also let her keep the 92 hours. She does not know it has happened and it is really not worth her agro, and from what I can gather from other employers we know, the employer never win in the Employment court.

Ultimate Partner jenniek
2,372 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
jenniek
Ultimate Partner

2372Posts

983Kudos

299Solutions

Happy to take a look if that helps. Email me off forum.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post