printer not activated, error code 30

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Soph_TBL
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

35Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

printer not activated, error code 30

Hi there, obviously the latest Windows 10 update has affected the print function in MYOB payroll. It was working perfectly fine last pay last week. I note that Windows did an update. When I went to email the payslips it popped up with the 'printer not activated, error code 30' notification box. That meant I had to screenshot the payslips and copy and paste into an individual email to all employees. That is so time consuming and potential for huge error (hate to send wrong payslip to wrong person). So after doing that, I proceeded to process the Employment Information for filing PAYE with IRD. When I went to preview the EI_Return (clicked the button) lo and behold it also gave me the same error. Meant I couldn't print this important tax sheet which I use to verify the imported file in IRFile and to keep as a record of weekly EI Return from Payroll. 

I would like to have this corrected please so that next Wednesday I am not faced with the same dilemma. It has always been a real hassle to fix this and it's not an easy fix. Has often meant uninstalling and multitude of other things to remedy. Equals lots of wasted time. Will wait to hear what is required. Thanks

2019-08-14_1932.png

6 REPLIES 6
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: printer not activated, error code 30

Hi @Soph_TBL 

I would recommend taking a look at MYOB Payroll Support Note: Error: "Printer not activated error code -30 (or -41)" for more information and potential solutions for that particular message.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Soph_TBL
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

35Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Not fixed as yet. I am running MYOB payroll as administrator and I now don't get the error code 30 but a different error and still can't email the payslips. Emailing one by one is not an option - way to onorous and run risk of emailing wrong payslip to wrong employee breaching privacy laws. It worked totally fine until a windows 10 update. Seems ridiculous that this still continues to happen with every large windows update after all these years since windows 10 came into existance. Would expect MYOB to be able to work with Microsoft on a solution so as this doesn't continually happen. 

I store my PAYROLL back up in Google Drive rather than a back up location on my pc. This is a protective measure in case my pc crashes and MYOB payroll is not cloud based like Accountright plus. 

Could this be an issue causing a problem? Should I have installed the MYOB payroll for use on server? 

Will wait to hear. Thanks. 

KatGurl
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

21Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Soph,

Never put your MYOB Payroll or the old Premier files in the cloud - the software can't cope with it.  I always have mine on a local PC or Server - it is however ok to store your back ups in the cloud, just don't use the software from there...

I used to have the same issues with Payroll after every major update, but not for a while now.  I'm at a different job today but if I remember correctly you need to tick the box for Outlook 2013 and above for your email option.  And if that doesn't work do the reinstall... 

Not good enough MYOB!!

Soph_TBL
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

35Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks. Yes I only store my backups in the cloud. My system files are all on local drive. Yes I always check the using Outlook 2013 and above box email option. I am doing an uninstall and reinstall for the umpteenth time. Thanks for your input. 

This problem keeps resurfacing after major windows uptdates. 

I would like MYOB to rectify this problem as it keeps resurfacing and wastes so much time IT related and money. 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Soph_TBL 

I'm personally not aware of any widespread reports of clients and NZ Payroll systems encountering an Error code -30 after each Windows 10. If the system is working as intended and Windows update is installed it tends to indicate more of an environmental factor error than a product or data file error.

In saying that, the only other solution that I am aware of to prevent an Error code -30 is to go into the printer properties of the MYOB AO PDF Generator and add a local port call NUL. In some cases, this may already be added when the Printer is added.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Soph_TBL
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

35Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

For the record and in order to help other frustrated users, I found a work around is to close 'Outlook' email client and then when it's shut down proceed to email the payslips. Weird I know but when they are sent in payroll, then open the outlook mail client and check they've sent. They could be sitting in the out box and then send once outlook has loaded up again. 

Not ideal but better than it crashing payroll and still getting to have the payslips emailed. Occassionally I found that 1 or 2 don't send, so I go back in and select just the employees that were missed and resend just their ones, but need to close Outlook again before you do that. 

NOw frustrating thing is that the payslips although when viewing in MYOB payroll are portrait, they all send landscape which is harder to read and spans 2 pages. I don't know how to change that. It didn't used to do that. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post