updating NZ payroll software

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced User Linesman
46 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

46Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

updating NZ payroll software

Great that MYOB update the payroll software regularly! We have had a lot of issues in NZ with incorrect pay calculations. Great that MYOB provide several options for updating the software (from My.MYOB and from the Help Menu and TrueUpdate programme, and eventually from a support staff memeber who sent me another link to try. Not so great that I am still on 2015, despite the TrueUpdate link telling me No Update Needed. Also not great that when I try to run this months payroll I get told the calculations will not be accurate. Just to add to my confusion, the support staff told me the update wizzard could take up to 30 mins before it was ready to prompt me for a resart that would finally install the update. This takes so long because it is 'running in the background" she says. Well, firstly I have never heard of any software update (even Windows 10) taking 30 mins on a fibre internet connection and secondly any update process that is running in the background will surely have a status bar showing so I can see that it is running. It took me 30 mins to get through to a support person so I feel I am being given a runaround to keep the supoport queue moving. What (other than just use the 2015 version) do you suggest I do?

3 REPLIES 3
Ultimate Partner jenniek
2,427 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

2,427Posts

1,006Kudos

303Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: updating NZ payroll software

Hi there @Linesman

We had an install take 1.5 hours on Win10 the other day. I did two this morning and put computer into safe mode first and it ran in the few minutes it should take.It's something in Win10 - this didn't happen with Win8 or Win7.

I would put your computer into safe mode and try the install then.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,904 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,904Posts

4,404Kudos

4,778Solutions

Hi @Linesman

I'm sorry to hear that you have had trouble with the installation of New Zealand Payroll

As you and @jenniek have indicated, we have come across a few instances of the installer for New Zealand Payroll taking a long time to unpack and bring up the installer.  This is to do with the method of installation that it does have. Generally it will appear after 30 minutes of selecting to run the installer, however I have seen it take longer ( Jennie - first time I've seen over an hour). In some cases Skype for Business and Outlook impact that process greatly so its worth disabling those to improve the speed of the installation. New Zealand Payroll Support Note: Installation troubleshooting also contain some steps that you can take to improve that response time

In terms of the program still showing MYOB Payroll 2015, I would make sure that you do run the correct installer (installer should be for Payroll 2016.1) and you restart the computer during the installation process. I have also seen some clients use an older version pinned to the task menu and have not updated that to be the new version prior to running it. If you are still unable to show Payroll 2016, I would recommend doing a full reinstall as per my second post on Printer Not Activated Error Code 30

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced User Linesman
46 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

46Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Restart in safemode before updating software worked for me.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post