CatherineCE
Experienced Cover User
61 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

61Posts

24Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Invoice received by customer had wrong information - similar thing happened to my client

Thanks for the private message which didn't appear to contain anything that couldn't have been said publicly, especially considering this issue may occur with other MYOB users and, as MYOB has outsourced its customer service to its customers via this public forum, it might be useful for people to see how to resolve the issue if it occurs for them.  

Basically you said you've followed up on my issue with the correct team and they are still looking at a way to solve this. You seemed to say nothing was actually wrong because I was able to send the invoice without any errors and that on very few occasions an invoice gets prefilled with the wrong information. This is something the software developers are working on and it's completely out of your hands. (That is, you washed your hands of it!) You passed my details on to the correct team back in June, they are aware of the situation and they'll contact me directly if they need any more information.

Great! Thanks.

KathyTB
Partner
13 Posts
Partner
Partner

13Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Invoice received by customer had wrong information - similar thing happened to my client

This exact thing happened to my client last month (October 2022) so it is clearly a glitch that has not yet been resolved. The original invoice itself looks perfectly fine and was able to be re-sent successfully.

It is embarrassing for my client and it is a privacy breach for MYOB. In this case the invoice was addressed to an unknown business in South Australia with an invoice dated June 2016.

The automated sending of an invoice is supposed to be more secure than email. This needs to be given urgent attention by the tech team to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @KathyTB 

If yourself or a client experience this we would love for you to get in touch with our phone-based teams so that this can be closely investigated. Please make sure that you have the following information handy prior to calling:

• The serial number of the MYOB Business (bottom of the Business Name Menu - top right).
  • A copy of the invoice that was sent
  • A screenshot of the transaction from within your MYOB Business
  • When the email was sent and the recipient(s) of that email

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

CatherineCE
Experienced Cover User
61 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

61Posts

24Kudos

0Solutions

@Tracey_H 

With all due respect, Tracey, that information was provided to MYOB months by me ago. Nothing has been heard back from the technical team. It's clear that MYOB has no interest in addressing what is definitely a problem in your program.

Regards,

Catherine

SharonC1
Trusted User
31 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

31Posts

8Kudos

2Solutions

This has happened to our business last night - January 19-1-2023

So whatever "glitch" is happening has not been fixed??

Emailed to OUR customer with Invoice header and footer correct BUT

customer name (someone in another state)

invoice number  ( with double the amount of digits to our own)

date of issue (1-8-2020)

service provided (not a service even related to our business)

and price ALL COMPLETLEY WRONG!  (less $ charged than correct invoice)

Our customer returned the invoice to us and asked for correct invoice to be sent.

This is extremley concerning!

I also do NOT have time in my day to phone MYOB - I have read all above comments and do not comprehend how this has happened & it has certainly shaken my faith in MYOB.

Happy to send a private message with our details, but would obvioulsy prefer an explanation be made in this thread so others like my self can see without fuss or bother.

Thanks in advance

CatherineCE
Experienced Cover User
61 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

61Posts

24Kudos

0Solutions

Good luck getting a reply from someone who will actually help. I am still waiting to hear back from the technical team who received all the details about my instance of this problem months ago. I also got no reply to the last email I posted on this forum in November.

MYOB clearly has no interest in providing a service that is fit for purpose. As long as they get your subscription, that's all that matters. Their approach to solving problems is to get their customers to find help from other customers on this forum, or otherwise pretend the problem doesn't exist.

SharonC1
Trusted User
31 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

31Posts

8Kudos

2Solutions

Hi Catherine

I did read all your struggles above & is disturbing on many levels that this happened once!

But to read that it is still occuring now is mind blowing!

That no actual help or explanation has been given is over a period of months is simply unacceptable.

I guess I will have to wait and see if help is coming or look at transtitioning to another accounting platform if  I can no longer trust MYOB with our data.

Thanks for your honest input - it is appreciated.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @CatherineCE 

Apologies that it has been a while since you have last heard back in relation to your situation. 

I can see from your account that a ticket has been raised with our internal teams to look into that further for you. However, we don’t have any timeframe for when that situation will be investigated further at this stage. We'll let you know when we have more information.

Please note for others impacted by this situation, we do recommend contacting our support team directly if this situation does arise. This is to ensure that we do have the appropriate documentation so that our teams can look into that situation as soon as possible. Ensure that you do have some necessary information available such as the following to help with that investigation:

• The serial number of the MYOB Business (bottom of the Business Name Menu - top right).
  • A copy of the invoice that was sent
  • A screenshot of the transaction from within your MYOB Business
  • When the email was sent and the recipient(s) of that email

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

SharonC1
Trusted User
31 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

31Posts

8Kudos

2Solutions

Hi Tracey_H

If you look above in the thread I actually need assistance with this same problem & have been waiting since Friday for an official reply too along with CatherineCE who has been waiting months!

I do not have hours in my day to phone MYOB .

Can you please give contact details for your "Support Team" so that I too may get some answers as to why this very serious issue is still happening.

This forum used to be very reliable when help was requested and issued raised, but not sure now??

Thanks in advance

Gothams
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Invoice received by customer had wrong information

I have exactly the same issue. I sent an invoice to a client directly from MYOB online. The invoice recieved was on our template but had the wrong company information, an unknow invoice number and dollar amount.

The company in the "Bill To:" section is not even in our Contacts list. 

The date of the invoice is the 14/11/2016 which is way before we starting using MYOB Business. 

Very embarrasing for our company. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post