Adobe reader to myo

Tamaraliy
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Adobe reader to myo

I inadvertently converted .myo to adobe. How can I reverse back in PC windows 10?

4 REPLIES 4
gavin12345
Ultimate User
3,370 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

3,370Posts

2,351Kudos

470Solutions

Re: Adobe reader to myo

Hi @Tamaraliy 

Settings > Apps > Default apps > Choose default app by file type > .myo (or .myox)

Regards

Gavin

Tamaraliy
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

thanks. But .myo icon is not active. The icon in front of it is the adobe icon. 

Tamara

Tamaraliy
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

myo not active my PC

Hi,

Inadvertantly converted .myo file to Adobe Connect.

Tried reversing with the advice given, but my .myo is not an active ICON.

How do I proceed from here please?

Thanks

Tamara

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
42,248 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

42,248Posts

5,716Kudos

6,305Solutions

Hi @Tamaraliy 

Generally speaking, most users will have the myo file extension not associated with any Windows application. As such, when they do click on that file to open it directly you would encounter a message asking what product you would like the files open with. Most users would accidentally select the Adobe Reader as this is typically the first one in the list. This would associate myo files with Adobe Reader so they do have that icon and attempt to open with that application.

Should this have occurred, users could look at updating the application that the file extension (.myo) through Windows. We do recommend contacting an IT person in relation to that if you do require assistance with that, as it is a Windows setting, not an MYOB setting. However, others in the MYOB Community have provided the necessary information above.

From an AccountRight point of view, having the file associated with a different application such as Adobe Reader, will NOT prevent the file from being opened via opening the application and selecting Open a Company File. You just need to ensure that the file is a myo file to see and open those files in AccountRight Classic.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post