Australia
RobNob
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Bank Feeds

I want to start afresh with the bank feed window as, until now, I have been reconciling manually.  However, the Bank feed window lists all the transactions I have already reconciled. 

I was able to hide many of the already reconciled transactions by right clicking those transactions in the bank feed window and choosing "Hide Transaction".  But this is my problem.......

There are a whole bunch of transactions, those with a green Approve button, and they cannot be hidden. I suspect if I click the Approve button or even the Unmatch Red cross button (to unmatch a transaction), then that transaction will in fact reappear in the actual reconcilliation window, thereby mucking up previous reconcilliations.

So, how do I hide/remove those already reconciled transactions from the bank feed window?

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31525Posts

4118Kudos

4597Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Bank Feeds

Hi @RobNob 

If you have the Approve option for a bank feed transaction; a rule has been applied to the transaction or a match found. Provided that you are at the Approved stage you can select the cross to the right of the transaction (on the Your Transactions side) and this will allow you to hide the transaction. 

Normally, your bank reconciliation would not be affected as the bank feed approval process marks that transaction as cleared so it can be included in the reconciliation. If the transaction has already been reconciled that transaction would be past the clearing stage and thus there would be no impact. Having said that, below is a quick check you can do to make sure that past reconciliations are not affected:

1. Go to Banking>>Reconcile Accounts
  2. Select the desired bank account
  3. Enter the Last Reconciled Date in the Bank Statement Date field.
  4. Enter in the Last Closing Statement Balance i.e. on that Last Reconciled Date
  5. Ensure no transactions are ticked in the Cleared transactions section
  6. Does the Out of Balance show zero?

If that out of balance shows zero then you are good to go. If that out of balance is showing a value, I would take a look at Help Article: Resolving out of balance bank reconciliations - but generally it is a processing of seeing the transaction in the list of cleared transactions and re-ticking it to include it in the next reconciliation.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User RobNob
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
RobNob
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Bank Feeds

Thanks for your great answer Steven. That does seem to make sense.

While I was waiting for a reply, I rang MYOB and they said they would block out all the already reconciled line items up to the date I had manually reconciled all my bank accounts, so I won't need to hide them one by one as per your suggestion.  However, I now know how to tackle this problem in the future.

Thanks!

Rob

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post