10 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

10Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Business Basics - attachments sometimes not able to be opened

Hi, I've been using Business Basics for several years as it's simplicity suits me as a sole trader with no payroll.

However, sometimes after sending invoices for payment, my customers advise they are unable to open the attachment (invoice).

I understand that this may be if the recipient is not using Outlook?

To fix this, I then re-send by saving it to my computer and re-sending through my email as a PDF.

Is there a one-off fix for this as the last customer advised it is a .dat file they can't open (prior to me re-sending as a PDF)?

Regards

Rob

1 REPLY 1
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator
8,814 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

8,814Posts

743Kudos

1,349Solutions

Re: Business Basics - attachments sometimes not able to be opened

Hi @cammo 

Business Basics is a really old software, we no longer provide support/fixes for it, and it may not work correctly with the current operating system or Office software. 

Having said that, we have a Help page with a list of emailing errors in old versions of AccountRight (v19.x and below), one of the error is Sent emails include an attachment called "Winmail.dat" which may help your situation. If the problem persists then the method you used would work, or emailing it to yourself first to see if you can view it correctly, then forward it to your client. 

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post