Contributing Cover User
Australia
golfshop
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Changing from Business Basics to AccountRight Basics

I have Business Basics V1 6.1 D and have updated the to the Business Basics  V6.20 as per previous instructions from support person Neil.  Then I have downloaded AccountRight Basics 2017.  My problem is I cannot open my business basic file in the updated Version.   Message comes up the data file you have selected (V6.1) cannot be used with the version of MYOB Business Basics.   I also have the problem that I cannot even open it up in my old versions of Business Basics... This is a big problem as I have to do my accounts and BAS.... Some urgent help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES
MYOB Staff Post Boyd_M
59 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
Boyd_M
MYOB Staff Post

59Posts

12Kudos

8Solutions

Re: Changing from Business Basics to AccountRight Basics

Hi @golfshop

Looks like there’s a bit of history to this one, but I’ll see what I can add.

If you have a current AccountRight subscription then you can upload your file to us in order to migrate to the new AccountRight. This process applies to .dat and myo files. You may have a backed-up copy of your data (a .zip), which you will have to manually extract onto your C drive (try right click > Extract).

In order to update, you will need access to your AccountRight Live log in, which will have the user name of an e-mail address you've previously set up with us. If you’ve forgotten this password, you can reset from our my.myob platform.

Once the v.2017 software is installed, you can then click on the button Upgrade a company file button and follow the migration wizard. After that file has been uploaded, it's gernally a 30 minute turn arround to get you access to your New AR file. 

Kind regards,
- Boyd
MYOB Client Support
Contributing Cover User golfshop
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
golfshop
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Boyd, thanks I will try this.  As you can probably see on my download page, there are are lot of downloads, which version should I download before I do the update....it's quite confusing.   Also can you send me a link to reload my Business Basics programme Version 1 6.1.  Thnkas.

Contributing Cover User golfshop
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
golfshop
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Boyd, I didn't need to upload file. I renamed the file and it has uploaded successfully to AccountsRight 2014.

MYOB Staff Post Boyd_M
59 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
Boyd_M
MYOB Staff Post

59Posts

12Kudos

8Solutions

Hi @golfshop

Looks like you’ve resolved your issue using a local upgrade. I’m a little surprised that worked with an older format, but that’s obviously great news.

I’ll organise to private message you with a download link for Business Basics, should you still need it.

Kind regards,
- Boyd
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post