Electronic Payment Box is ticked in Bank Feed "Spend Money" and grayed Out

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JenineD
Partner
19 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

19Posts

17Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Electronic Payment Box is ticked in Bank Feed "Spend Money" and grayed Out

I have a client who had their initial MYOB setup all wrong.  Instead of my calling the Tech team and waiting, does anyone know how to remove the following:

In the bank feed screen, I wish to enter a "spend money" but the "pay from bank account" is showing and grayed out with the "Electronic Payments" box ticked and grayed out.  I can't find where to change this in preferences, in linked accounts, in set up.  I've tried everything.

I have never seen that before.  Is it an error?

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Electronic Payment Box is ticked in Bank Feed "Spend Money" and grayed Out

Hi @JenineD

Generally, you encounter this situation when you have the Bank Account for Electronic Payments set to be the main bank account. This does mean that whenever you attempt to record a transaction for that account i.e. a Spend Money transaction it thinks you are needing to pay it electronically thus enables the electronic tickbox.

What I would recommend doing is going to Setup>>Linked Accounts>>Accounts & Banking and reviewing the Bank Account for Electronic Payments. Ideally, this would be a holding account like the Electronic Clearing Account. If it is the main bank account, I would recommend changing that account* to be another bank account which should resolve your situation.

*Don't have an Electronic Clearing Account one can be created via Accounts>>Accounts Lists>>New. You would need to give the account a number, name and set the account type to be Bank.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

JenineD
Partner
19 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

19Posts

17Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Electronic Payment Box is ticked in Bank Feed "Spend Money" and grayed Out

Thank you for that.  I did see that setup and thought it was odd, but I was second guessing myself so thought best to confirm with the professionals.

Thank you.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post