Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Error when trying to email multiple pay slips

Hi

A new user gets the following message when trying to email multiple pay slips at the same time in Myob via Outlook.

'AccountRight cannot complete this action because Microsoft Outlook is busy with another task. You need to complete any action processes in Outlook (such as attaching files to an email), and then try again.'

It doesn't appear there is anything happening in the background with Outlook, it is set up as the default program, it is installed on the PC (not online version). Running Microsoft 365 2008 32-bit 

Are there any settings I need to change to fix this? I am, and another user is able to email them all at the same time.

Thank you in advance.

Screenshot 2020-09-28 123944.jpg
5 REPLIES 5
MYOB Moderator
1,447 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,447Posts

97Kudos

128Solutions

Re: Error when trying to email multiple pay slips

Hi @Jasmin18 

Thank you for your post and sorry this is occuring for you.

Generally, the error message you have encountered is indicative of there being a hidden Outlook window open and running in the background. While we do understand that you have noted there are no active processes, the first point in troubleshooting this issue would be to reboot your computer and see if that resolves the problem.

Please do let us know how you go.

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Jesh.

I have rebooted the PC and the problem is still occuring. I have also checked the Task Manager progam for any background applications running for outlook, which was clear.

Kind Regards

MYOB Moderator
1,447 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,447Posts

97Kudos

128Solutions

Hi @Jasmin18 

Thank you for confirming that for me. 

What I would be inclined to do then is doing an uninstall of AccountRight, a repair install of Office before doing a reinstall of AccountRight. This has solved the issue for a number of a clients receiving the same error.

If you require an installer for AccountRight to complete that process one can be found via the MYOB Product Downloads site

Please let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Jesh

We tried your suggestions below and when tested, it worked.

However, we have today tried to send payslips by email and the same problem occured.

Kind Regards

MYOB Moderator
1,447 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,447Posts

97Kudos

128Solutions

Hi @Jasmin18 

In your first post you noted that another user can send emails at the same time, which brings to question the general setup of your systems. For example, if the systems are connected then Outlook on computer A (your system) could be conflicting with Outlook on computer B (other user).

When you tested it following my post and it worked did you have both computers A and B running? Or just computer A? If both computers are connected and you only had computer A running when it worked, then it would be a conflict with computer B, which I would getting checked by an IT professional who can investigate and resolve your setup/settings to enable both computers to run without any conflicts.

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post