LSL - Pay from Liability account

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
RobNob
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

LSL - Pay from Liability account

Each week I journal an amount from a LSL expense account to a LSL Liability account. That employee is now taking some LSL and I wish to attribute the LSL payments to their Liability account, but MYOB seems to only allow debiting the expense accounts.  Is there any way I can do that within the payroll window or, do I need to do a Journal debiting the liability and crediting the expense account.  If so, it seems a bit weird MYOB has no auto facility to take care of this through payroll.

Rob

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: LSL - Pay from Liability account

Hi @RobNob 

AccountRight allows the user to change the linked accounts for payroll categories. This can be done via Payroll>>Payroll Categories>>Selecting the desired category and making the necessary changes.

For example, with wage categories, you would go into the desired wage payroll category and tick Override default employee wage category before selecting the required linked account. Note: Changing that account will update it for all employees linked to that category.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

RobNob
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: LSL - Pay from Liability account

Thanks Steven, works perfectly.  I was a bit confused due to the duplicated use of the term Categories within MYOB, but all solved.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post