Letter merge

JoanneCat
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Letter merge

I have created a personal letter for  mail merge and once i go through the process & merge it shows the first two customers and then repeats the third customer for the rest can someone explain what i'm doing wrong please

I am using account right

5 REPLIES 5
Emily_B
MYOB Moderator
1,327 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,327Posts

109Kudos

168Solutions

Re: Letter merge

Hello @JoanneCat 

Could you please expand on the steps you are following? As per this support note on Personalised letters, there are two ways to go about doing this: either through Microsoft Word or through another word processor sytem. Please have a look and ensure that you are following the instructions outlined there for your preferred method. In particular, ensure you are selecting all applicable customers.

Selecting contacts for Personalised Letters if you will be using Microsoft Word:

1. Go to the Card File command centre and click Create Personalised Letters. The Review Cards Before Exporting window appears.
  2. If you want to, filter the contact list, for example, to only show contacts located within specific postcodes. To do this, click Advanced Filters and enter your filtering criteria.
  3. Click in the select column next to each contact to whom you would like to send a personalised letter.
  4. Click Mail Merge. The Select from List window appears.
  5. Select the template you'd like to use and click Use Template.

Selecting contacts for Personalised Letters if you will be using a different word processor:

1. Go to the Card File command centre and click Create Personalised Letters. The Review Cards Before Exporting window appears.
  2. Click in the select column next to each contact to whom you would like to send a personalised letter.
  3. Click Disk. A window with a list of file formats appears.
  4. Choose either the Tab-Delimited Text File or Comma-Separated Text File option. Check what file formats your word processing software requires: Most word processing software allows mail-merge data to be tab-delimited (data is separated by tabs) or comma-separated. If your software requires a specific format, choose that format at this step.

5. Click Save

Please do follow the links to the full instructions for each option and let me know if the problem persists after double checking your steps. Additionally, is the issue coming up when you get the letters into Word or another word processor, or when you are printing?

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

JoanneCat
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I am using microsoft word, i have been doing the process as you listed, the issue is when i click merge it goes through the process and the letter comes up on screen and when it's finished the first two letters are correct and then from their every letter has the correct address but the same name on all of them, for some reason it's not picking up on the name & salutation

Emily_B
MYOB Moderator
1,327 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,327Posts

109Kudos

168Solutions

Hello @JoanneCat 

Could you please confirm which version of the software you are using - AccountRight 2020.2 or 2020.3? Additionally, please try clearing your AccountRight cache, as this can sometimes clear up odd behaivours. 

1. Open your Start Menu

2. Start typing: %localappdata%

3. Open the %localappdata% folder when displayed.

4. Open the MYOB Folder
Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 3.37.58 pm.png

5. Open the AccountRight Folder.

6. Open the Version folder (E.g: 2020.2 or your version)

7. Open the Cache folder

8. Delete all files in this folder.

Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 3.38.18 pm.png

Once these files are deleted, re-open AccountRight and try performing the operation again. Please let me know how you get on.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

JoanneCat
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I am using the new version 2020.3

I have also cleared the cache and still the same problem only about the first 5 come out correct now and the rest of the letters all have the same name, I have about 500 letters & I need to get this sorted as they are supposed to go out by end of the month, I have never had this problem before

Emily_B
MYOB Moderator
1,327 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,327Posts

109Kudos

168Solutions

Hello @JoanneCat 

Thank you for the info. I'm going to investigate this further with another team, could you please send me your serial number as well as a screenshot of one of the duplicate letters from your last attempt indicating the correct address but the incorrect name. An additional screenshot of that particular customer's card displaying the correct name would be great too. Please click this link to send me a private message

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post