MYOB Advanced API Branch

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
mauritz
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

MYOB Advanced API Branch

Hi

I am currently developing an Integration between MYOB Advanced and another system. I am importing invoices to MYOB Advanced using the REST API, which works great. 

However, I need to create invoices in MYOB Advanced in different branches and although I am able to set the appropriate branch on line level, the Financial Details is defaulting to the branch I am logged in on. 

When logging into Advanced using they API I have the option to supply the branch so what I can do is for every invoice being imported, I just login to that branch. But this seems wrong as I would not want to login to MYOB Advanced for each and every invoice being created. 

I have gone through the Advanced API course documentation and also the REST API help documentation and I can't see any way of specifying the branch other than when logging in. 

On the Invoice and Memos entry there is a Financial Details tab and this is being defaulted from the users selected branch. The obvious thing would be to add the Financial details to the Invoice endpoint, but that doesn't seem to be an available option to choose from. 

Any ideas of how this can be done?

2 REPLIES 2
CarlBrooks
400 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

400Posts

0Kudos

35Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: MYOB Advanced API Branch

Hi @mauritz 

I believe the API would follow the same methodology as if you was manually keying in the data, below you can see I am in Branch Melbourne but posting revenue to Branch Perth.

api1.png

The next step is to associate the AR Trade with PER and this can be done on the financial details tab, see

API2.png

Once the invoice is release, Revenue, GST and AR Trade are all associated with the Perth Branch

API3.png

Does this help??

Carl

mauritz
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Re: MYOB Advanced API Branch

Yes that helps thanks. I was trying to add the Financial details to the endpoint the same way the lines was done. Realised the Financial details was actually part of the header and was by default already added. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post