MYOB Cashbook users are being abandoned forever.

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Spong
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB Cashbook users are being abandoned forever.

Just yesterday, with 5x days to go until the end of the financial year, I received an email from MYOB stating that MYOB Cashbook Vers 8, will not operate in the new 2019/2020 year due to not being able to enter dates in the 2020 or later range. Obviously someone has been caught with their pants down at the very last minute, as a patch has been hastily provided to allow us to use if for one more year only. Clearly, that patch could have been coded to work into and beyond the 2020 year, but MYOB have decided not to. When I purchased this product, plus the previous versions, no mention was ever made that it would cease to work beyond 2020. MYOB had a similar problem back in 2010, and produced a patch to resolve this. Despite being an old program, it serves my purposes just fine, and there haven't been any changes to tax law, that affect me, for now anyway. I do accept that things could change in future, but that's no good reason to limit use beyond 2020. The email provided NO solution, or suggested upgrade path, but then MYOB wouldn't have thought of that would they? I have no intention of paying for an expensive subscription product with more features than I need, so unless this is reconsidered, I'm off to find a company that cares about it's customers, and will never be back.  Cashbook Complete looks promising. The 14 years I've been here obviously count for nothing.  Very poor customer service! 

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,862 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,862Posts

1,402Kudos

1,679Solutions

Re: MYOB Cashbook users are being abandoned forever.

Hi, @Spong 

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused by our recent decision.

We understand that MYOB Cashbook has served as a trusted and basic accounting tool for so many of our clients. But we have made a decision to stop supporting it. Our decision was based on a multitude of factors, including but not limited to the superior capabilities offered by some of our other online products, technical limitations of the existing product and database, and compatibility with the current available operating systems. When Cashbook was released business was done very differently to it is today, and technology has changed vastly since its release over twenty years ago.

Furthermore, the underlying database that Cashbook uses has not been supported by Microsoft for quite some time. Meaning any vulnerabilities within the database would not be fixed and could impact on the security of your data.

Given the significance of this announcement, we have provided 12 months’ notice to allow plenty of time to find a suitable replacement software for your business.

That said, we understand the impact this can have on your business and have passed on your feedback to our team.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post