My Trial Balance does not balance

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User Pollygr
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

My Trial Balance does not balance

My Trial Balance does not balance.

The Error is in the GST Paid Account.

The GST Paid Account balance is as expected and balances with GST Reports (When I view the account level transasctions and balance).

But the Balance Sheet and Trial Balance Reports do not reflect the actual account balance for GST Paid.

I have identified the issue occurring on the 1st of December 2014.

The Trial Balance is Correct 30th November 2014 (equals the account balance when an account enquiry is done)  and Incorrect 1st December 2014.

There was one purchase transaction on the 1st of December 2014 which may have been the source of the corruption.

I have deleted this transaction but the error is still there.

Now, on 30th November 2014 the Trial Balance Value of the GST Paid Account is correct.

On the 1st of December 2014 there are now no transactions in the GST Paid Account but the Trial Balance no longer equals the account balance, and the Trial Balance Debits and Credits no longer equal.

Is there some way to fix my file?

I am really not keen at all to restore a backup from December 1st and re-do a month's work from my busiest trading month of the year.

Thanks

Polly Green

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,758 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,758Posts

4,377Kudos

0Solutions

Re: My Trial Balance does not balance

Hi @Pollygr 

What version of the program are you on? This can be checked via Help>>About.

If you are on AccountRight version 19.10 or below, are you able to go to File>>Verify Company file and File>>Optimise Company file. This will check the file for errors and tries to repair those errors. So if you do get any messages do take note of these messages so we can look into them further for you.

Also so you mentioned that the Trial Balance doesn't balance does the Balance Sheet balance as well for the same day? (I'm sorry if you have mentioned that in your post but its worth asking to make sure).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User Pollygr
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

I am using Accountright Live 2914.4 and yes the problem also exists on the Balance Sheet

Thanks

Polly Green

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,758 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,758Posts

4,377Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Pollygr 

If the Balance sheet or the Trial Balance doesn't balance then we would require the company file to be sent in for an investigation and possible repair. I have sent you an email in regards to getting that file in and possibly repaired. 

Please note that we may have the company file for a long period of time. I would encourage you to send the file and continue to work on the file. When the repair team have investigate and possibly repaired that file you have sent us they will arrange for the "current file" to be sent and will repair that one, this way you do have minimal downtime with your company file.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post