MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Myob Advanced Feedback

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing User timjacobson
7 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
timjacobson
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Myob Advanced Feedback

Would love to hear from fellow Advanced users on how everything is going for them.  

We have been using Myob Advanced now for almost two years now and still have issues.

It seems that when MYOB do an update our reports simply stop working and we have to pay to get them fixed again. New updates also means that any third party intergrations also stop so yes again we have to pay to get them workign again also. Speed latley also seems to be slipping. We used to be able to run several reports on our file at once and latley some take hours and hours to run if at all.

Thanks to anyone that has the time to reply.

8 REPLIES 8
7 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
timjacobson
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Myob Advanced Feedback

Ladies and Gents does anyone use MYOB Advanced??
MYOB Staff Post James_Brading
143 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
New Zealand
James_Brading
MYOB Staff Post

143Posts

28Kudos

1Solutions

Hi @timjacobson

Thank you for your feedback even though at this stage your experience is not ideal and not what we would hope our clients are experiencing.

You raised two issues, upgrades and performance and I will address each separately.

Upgrades is an area we have been focussing on as we acknowledge there have been situations where the upgrade experience had been far less than ideal. Having said that though, the feedback that we have received from several partners and clients is that the upgrade experience over the last few months has been a far better experience with the number of incidents reported to us having dropped considerably. 

Key benefits of a SAAS solution is the fact that upgrades are automatically rolled out and should not be a concern to clients, as well as being able to have new features and functionality provided as soon as they are available, so that clients can benefit from them. Naturally, this needs to be balanced with ensuring the impact of upgrades to clients is as minimal as possible. To this end we are still focussing on enhancing the upgrade experience to build more tests and checks in to the process, to catch and ideally prevent the scenarios you have mentioned.

With regards performance, there are many factors that impact performance, some that are outside our controls (such as issues with the ISP providing the internet access). I am not trying to lay blame with them, just highlighting the fact that there are many factors. We do a significant amount of monitoring of the performance of sites to try and ensure that the performance is ideal.

What I would ask is that you request your partner to log a support ticket with us providing details of the performance issues, ideally what you were doing and the estimated time when there was a performance issue so we can investigate the issue on our side and see if we can find anything that may have had an impact at that stage.

I appreciate your feedback and I hope that we can assist you in improving the experience you are having with our product.

Regards

James Brading

Product Manager - MYOB Advanced

Senior Product Manager
MYOB Advanced
7 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
timjacobson
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi James

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me.

In regards to performance today as an example I have been trying to run a simple sales reorder report for one vendor we buy from for 40 days and so far its taken over an hour to run (and its not even my largest vendor)

Even whilst running this report speedtest shows 27up and 7 down which for us is slow.

I have been told our support peeps have logged reports with you for help but it never seems to achieve anything and we never get specific replies (I have heard customisation means MYOB will not help). 

James its great you can roll out updates but when that means my business stops its an issue which I am sure you can appreciate. Let alone the costs we are then charges to fix everything again.  I have asked that update are not applied to our file do you know if this can be done?

Honestly we are at the point where we are questioning our investment in MYOB Advanced as the constant costs not only in dollars but also in time in keeping MYOB Advanced running are very significant.

James if we can supply you with specific details please reach out to my via email or call the office at your earliest convenience.

Thanks again for your time

Tim

7 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
timjacobson
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hello James

Tried all day again today to run reports from Myob Advanced without any luck. I was getting logged out before the report ran unless I kept the login alive but even then nothing.

The service request number number you asked for is: SR #153326009071. 

I asked for help from my support partner again this afternoon and was informed: We received an update from MYOB yesterday advising that Acumatica is still working on a resolution. We will be in contact as soon as more information is available.

So it reads like you guys (MYOB) have asked for help but it stil leave me the customer paying somewhere between $1500 to $2000  a month (in licences and support fees) unable to run a report to place an order.

Can you please help at all? James if I cant order stock I cant sell stock and will go broke.

Regards

Tim

MYOB Staff Post James_Brading
143 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
New Zealand
James_Brading
MYOB Staff Post

143Posts

28Kudos

1Solutions

Hi @timjacobson

Apologies, I have been out of the office for the last two days. 

I will follow this up and be in touch on Monday with an update

Regards

James

Senior Product Manager
MYOB Advanced
7 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
timjacobson
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I look forward to it James

Experienced Cover User Trinosity
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Trinosity
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tim,

I'm another MYOB user who is considering moving to Advanced, so I'm interested in whether MYOB was able to resolve the issues you mentioned here. If you have time, could you please post an update?

Cheers,

Trin James

7 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
timjacobson
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions