Experienced User
22 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

22Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Ongoing confirmation issues

The whole confirmation BS has started again. 

We get the same speel each time that our software is incompatible and we need to update  

We maintain the same computer with the same operating system when we bought MYOB Premier, it does every thing we require and it did not come with a time limit in the terms and conditions at time of sale.

We log all our server internet traffic and can see the confirmation request is being blocked by MYOB.

We know there are alternate confirmation services such as the MYOB UK users group, FGH Tables in Melbourne and even a software package capable of generating the codes however we should not need to go this far.

We are recording all conversation with the MYOB staff including time, date, employee number, time to answer, time on phone including the whole converstaion and plan to submit a complaint to the ACCC if this keeps happening.

32 REPLIES 32
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
36,949 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,949Posts

5,004Kudos

5,400Solutions

Re: Ongoing confirmation issues

Hi @WayneG2 

Confirmation of a company file does occur regularly and can be completed online using the Confirm Online function or via the phone.  Taking a look at your account, we are showing as you being on AccountRight Premier v19.15. The serial number does look like it should be able to confirm company files on that version.

If you are encountering an error with confirming that file online we would be happy to review your account and confirmation in more detail. In order to do so, we would need to get your Product serial number, the version of the software you are using and the company file code. As this information is of a sensitive nature do feel free to send me a private message on this Forum with the information.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced User
22 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

22Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

It should confirm automatically as it had done for years until MYB attempted to push people to upgrade.  Now every so often you block the confirmatin (remember we can see this on our server traffic) and need to call up and waste half hour each time and listen to the whole incompatible software speech.

We are getting sick of this and collecting detail to take our complaint futher.  I believe the ACCC calls it Unconscionable Conduct.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
36,949 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,949Posts

5,004Kudos

5,400Solutions

Hi @WayneG2 

I'm personally not aware of any widespread issues with clients that will stop the activation/confirmation of a company file at our end. Clients should be able to confirm their AccountRight Classic v19 company files using the Confirm Online function.

My recommendation if you are receiving a situation where you are not able to confirm, as your account does look correct for confirmation, is to test the confirmation of a company file outside of the current environment and connection.

In addition to that, company files can be confirmed via my.MYOB accounts through the My Products>>Confirmation Code. Note: For this process to work successfully you do need to be associated with the account/serial number you do need to confirm under.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Experienced User
22 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

22Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Not sure why your records say Account Right Premier V19.5 as we only have Premier V12.5.

Both are now confirmed by phone, is there a way to force a reconfirmation so we can sort this out once and for all? 

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
36,949 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,949Posts

5,004Kudos

5,400Solutions

Hi @WayneG2 

A company file can be forced to do a confirmation via Help>>Confirm Company File.  The Help Menu option may be greyed out. If so, you want to go to Setup>>Company Information>>Licence would force that confirmation.

Note: Confirmation is a regular process in a company file and will occur in the future

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Experienced User
22 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

22Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

I f  you mean the license tab under Company Information there there is no confirmation button only an Enable Online button for additional licences which should work as we have only used 2 out of 3 however we get the same message - unable to connect to server.

We cant see the traffic as the computer has been moved to a port directly on our NBN modem to eliminate any network/routing issues.

Highlighted
Experienced User
22 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

22Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Send me the IP of your confirmation server so I can ping it and run tracert to see where exactly its being stopped.

Highlighted
Experienced User
22 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

22Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

The IP of your confirmation server, at least the one our version of MYOB is trying to contact,  shows as 203.34.100.61:443 which does not respond.

A tracert to this address shows it stopping at your server address, I can provide image if required.

So it is your server not responding to confirmation reqests!

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
36,949 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,949Posts

5,004Kudos

5,400Solutions

Hi @WayneG2 

You are correct with your thinking that the Licence button is typically used to enable workstation licences for a company file. However, the Enable Online option will force the company file to confirm using the Confirm Online option.

To my understanding confirmation will go through to confirmation.myob.com, IP Address 203.34.100.61:443

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post