Prepare Electronic Payments: Cant backdate a bank batch/file

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
PiersMathieson
3 Posts
User
New Zealand

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Prepare Electronic Payments: Cant backdate a bank batch/file

Hello

I adjusted an MYOB afi import file in my internet banking because i had missed a deduction on one payee. The next day i deleted the batch payment/transaction from my bank register window, and went to Prepare Electronic Payments to recreate the payment. Unfortunately, I cant put the previous day's date as the bank processing date on the transaction, due to a security feature in MYOB about not setting a historical date.

My accounts colleague is going nuts about being unable to reconcile the account on the correct date.

HELP PLS

How do i get around the security feature and apply the correct date of the payment?

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,136 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,136Posts

4,270Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Prepare Electronic Payments: Cant backdate a bank batch/file

Hi @PiersMathieson

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

AccountRight (New Zealand) doesn't allow for bank files to be dated before the Windows System date. This is because the majority of banks don't allow for those older dated files to be processed.

In saying that, there are some instances where you may need to backdate that electronic payment, generally if you wishing to reprocess it. For this cases, you want to close AccountRight, change your Windows date back to that date, reopen AccountRight, record the electronic payment and then complete the process again but changing the date back to the correct date. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

PiersMathieson
3 Posts
User
New Zealand

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Prepare Electronic Payments: Cant backdate a bank batch/file

Thank you for your response. I'll have to use system administrator priveliges and tamper with our system clock for a while. I think disabling the security feature on a case by case basis should be something that MYOB account administrators can do to avoid this hassle though. Oh well, glad there is a workaround at least.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post