Syncing MYOB EXO mailing list to Mailchimp

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Reso
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Syncing MYOB EXO mailing list to Mailchimp

I'm wanting to sync MYOB EXO with Mailchimp so that when a customer is added in EXO they're also added to mailchimp,

I have some experience working with PHP so i'm considering making an app for it but never used the MYOB api before, does anyone have any experience who could give me a basic idea of how to achieve this?

Another way I thought of is to have EXO store its mail list on google drive, then link to that mail list in mailchimp, not sure how possible this is though as I've had limited access to the companies EXO software.

If anyone knows the best way to achieve this would really appreciate if you could post! 

5 REPLIES 5
CarlBrooks
400 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

400Posts

0Kudos

35Solutions

Re: Syncing MYOB EXO mailing list to Mailchimp

@Reso 

For more information about the EXO API I would recommend visiting https://developer.myob.com/api/exo/exo-api-overview/ that should be a good starting point for you.

Best regards,

Carl

Reso
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

So there's no way to do this other than creating an APP?

Also i've applied for the myob api but haven't heard back yet.

Steve_Marriott
Valued Partner
205 Posts
Valued Partner
Australia
Valued Partner

205Posts

14Kudos

16Solutions

Hi @Reso 

The Contact Details plus Customer Details are all held in the MS-SQL database in various tables, which means there is no "list" of contact details that are external and can be accessed. Most people create an APP that will sit in hte middle and sync bothways between the systems. You will need to look a teh Debtor Accounts as well as Contacts.

Cheerts

Steve

Steve Marriott
Very Impressive Software
steve@veryimpressive.co.nz
Reso
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

@Steve_Marriott Ah so the app itself is creating the list from the data tables and then that would then tie in the mailchimp api so that it exports that list into my mailchimp audience?

As I currently understand it the app would function as follows:

1. GET: {URI}/debtor (get all debtors)
  2. GET : data tables from each debtor (emails, names)
  3. Create List: List emails and names.
  4. GET: mailchimp audience web id
  5. Post list of names in audience "names" column
  6. Post list of emails in audience "emails" column

I have the code that would allow me to input data into my mailchimp audience it's just about getting the data I need from MYOB.

Would you say the next step would be to get access to the MYOB EXO API and then write the code I need to get the data tables I need, then tie in mailchimp so that it posts that data inside the correct audience and then finally paste that in MYOB EXO as the app?

Is there a specific place you would paste the app in EXO?

Steve_Marriott
Valued Partner
205 Posts
Valued Partner
Australia
Valued Partner

205Posts

14Kudos

16Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Reso 

That sounds about right to me.

The App could reside anywhere you want as you will be calling the API which allows it to work from anywhere. If you wanted to write your App to run on the Windows Serever that Exo is running from then you could go direct to the SQL database to read the data from Exo, it possibly makes it easier as you will only have the mailchimp API to call. If you are writing back into Exo then I strongly suggest using the Exo API so its valid data being written back in.

Hope that helps.

Steve.

Steve Marriott
Very Impressive Software
steve@veryimpressive.co.nz

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post