Trial Balance out of Balance

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
JamieWeddell
2 Posts
User
New Zealand

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Trial Balance out of Balance

Hi,

Our client's MYOB trial balance doesn't balance, and this is going back to when it was first created in 2014. There isn't a clear amount in the opening balances to 'fix', and the activity since all balances, so it appears this needs to be repaired by MYOB.

Who do I contact to get this sorted? as struggling to find the right channel to go with.

Jamie

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,631 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,631Posts

4,348Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Trial Balance out of Balance

Hi @JamieWeddell 

You mentioned that the Trial Balance doesn't balance, generally with these situations the Balance Sheet doesn't balance. So if you also run that Balance Sheet does it balance?

If it doesn't balance, does the out of balance match the value that is showing in the Historical Balancing account on that Balance Sheet? If so, do attempt the following -

1. Navigate to Setup>>Balances>>Account Opening Balances
  2. Find an account with no balances i.e. is showing as 0.00
  3. Add $1 to that balance before selecting OK
  4. Go back into the Account Opening Balances and remove that $1 before selecting OK.

The above should refresh that historical balancing account and in most cases pull back the Balance Sheet into balance. 

If you are still experiencing that situation after attempting the above steps, can you confirm what version of the program you are using - Help>>About AccountRight.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

JamieWeddell
2 Posts
User
New Zealand

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

Balance sheet doesn't balance, but shows the balance under Suspense (balance has been journalled from Historical Balancing account to Suspense), and doing the $1 in and out of the opening balance adjustment doesn't change anything.

The client is on Account Right Standard 2019.1.0.

Thanks,

Jamie

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,631 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,631Posts

4,348Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @JamieWeddell 

As refreshing the historical balancing account has not remedied that situation, I've arranged for that company file to come in for an investigation and possible repair. All the information required is included in the (separate) email but do let us know if you have any questions about the process.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post