sjt51
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Unable to confirm company file

Hello,

Very frustrated. I am not able to confirm my company file for V18 via the online confimation. I have attempted to call the helpline but no answer (just rings out) and I need to have the file confirmed ASAP otherwise my accounting will be completely thrown out of whack.

Could someone please help with the issue?

15 REPLIES
Ultimate User gavin12345
1,853 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

1853Posts

1470Kudos

284Solutions

Re: Unable to confirm company file

Hi @sjt51

MYOB recently embarked on a campaign to force v19 (and earlier) users to upgrade to AR2017. For those who pay a subscription, MYOB sent them an email. For those without a subscription, MYOB disabled online confirmation to force you to phone them. When you call they will try to force you to upgrade. If you would like to continue with v18, tell them so and they will provide a confirmation code. 

You will need to call during business hours. If you urgently require a code today, send me a private message and I will advise how you can get a code today.

Regards

Gavin

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
22,977 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

22977Posts

2609Kudos

3279Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @sjt51

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

I have made a changed to your serial number and product which should allow for that confirmation to work online as intended for yourself.

Do let us know how you get on with that.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
NettyWat
2 Posts
User
Australia
NettyWat

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hello Steven, I am also unable to confirm my company file either online or by phone. I too am using Myob Accounting Version 18. Can you please help me? Thanks

NettyWat
2 Posts
User
Australia
NettyWat

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Gavin, 

I'm urgently needing to get MYOB up and running now. Can you help me please

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
22,977 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

22977Posts

2609Kudos

3279Solutions

Hi @NettyWat

I've made the same change for yourself, this should allow for you to confirm that file online (or via phone).

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Contributing User Graham_M
5 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Graham_M
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, I am running Business Basics 6.3.0O (yes I know it is ancient Smiley Wink ) and recently received an email from MYOB talking about more regular Company File confirmations.

(The email actually referred to my product as AccountRight Version: 1.1.0 even though it is Business Basics)

I rang support about not being able to verify the file and the 'support' guy was only interested in telling me that BB won't run on Windows 10 and that I should revert to Windows 7, which is ridiculous. Also I have been successfully running it on Windows 10 for a long time without issue until this email notification from MYOB.

I have a very modest annual turnover, certainly not one that justifies buying/upgrading software for my accounting needs.

Is there a way to turn off file verification and keep using the product without it going to read only?

thanks

Graham

Ultimate User gavin12345
1,853 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

1853Posts

1470Kudos

284Solutions

Hi @Graham_M

If you look on the Help Screen for Business Basics, you will find that the Australian Release Version will be 1.1.0 - this is why the email refers to 1.1.0 - and MYOB refer to all their products as AccountRight even if they were originally called MYOB®.

As you can see from the above posts and other posts on the topic, MYOB are trying to get all users to upgrade so they can pay ongoing subscriptions, instead of purchasing and using the product for years as you have been. In Oct 2017 they tried 'forcing' all users to upgrade by advising they will STOP confirming v19 files. Due to public reaction and threats of class actions etc, MYOB adopted a different approach - make confirmation as inconvenient as possible so users upgrade out of annoyance - this is where you are at. These newer campaigns are more discreet and aimed at creating less backlash. For all (or most) users of older versions, they disabled online confirmation, meaning users must call to get a confirmation code. They have also made the confirmations more frequent. There is no technical basis for any of this, it is purely aimed (in my view) to frustrate and annoy users until they eventually upgrade.

When users do upgrade, some get even more frustrated by the slowness and unreliability of the new version.

You refer to turning off file verification - file verification simply checks the file for errors and you should not turn this off. You may be referring to file Confirmation which requires a code regularly to stop the file going to read-only. Unfortunately this cannot be turned off - although there are ways to be less inconvenienced by it - I have send you a private message about this.

Regards

Gavin

Contributing User Graham_M
5 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Graham_M
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I did mean confirmation of the company file.

It is extremely annoying that MYOB are attempting force upgrades through this method. I purchased the software as a 'one off' purchase to keep track of my extremely modest accountancy needs.

I have no reason or need to spend money upgrading as BB is quite adequate for my needs.

Rest assured that if it does come to the point that I have to purchase something it will NOT be a MYOB product. Smiley Sad

Community Manager Suja_P
5,515 Posts
Community Manager
Australia
Suja_P
Community Manager

5515Posts

1957Kudos

460Solutions

Hi Graham (@Graham_M),

Thank you for your post and your feedback regarding your recent conversation with one of our team members.

Our records indicate that the team member you spoke to has reset your account to enable online confirmations and that you've since been able to confirm your company file with no issues.  You should be able to use the online confirmation option the next time your file is due for confirmation. 

Should you have any further queries on the matter or ever have trouble with confirming your file please do not hesitate to reach out us. We're here to help.

Kind regards,

Suja Pillai
Social Support and Community Manager
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post