clearing unprinted receipts

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
bookie
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

21Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

clearing unprinted receipts

Since upgrading to 2021.3 I can no longer clear all unprinted receipts daily.  I now have receipts going back YEARS!

i used to be able to go into Print Receipts, Select All, Print (then instead of selecting a printer I would select Cancel. 

This always cleared my receipts.  Why has it been changed?  If I do need to print a receipt I could use the Advanced button.

6 REPLIES 6
Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

157Kudos

380Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: clearing unprinted receipts

Hi @bookie 

Thanks for your post.

This is for users that actually want to cancel the printing process and do not want to clear their receipts from the Review Receipts Before Delivery window.

If you still want to clear your unprinted receipts daily, you could switch your printer off and select all receipts you want to print and press print. After the receipts have been cleared from the window, you will have to make sure to clear your print queue (double click on the printer icon in your computer's system tray, near the clock), before switching your printer back on.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

bookie
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

21Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks for the info Yanike

I guess I will have to do it this way from now on.

My question though was, why has it changed?  I would clear my unprinted receipts daily by my method prior to the upgrade.  

Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

157Kudos

380Solutions

Hi @bookie 

With AccountRight 2021 receipts do need to be sent through to the printer (could be an offline printer) to be cleared from that window, rather than cancelling them prior to the printing. This is similar behaviour to other windows like the Print/Email Invoices window.

Our Help Article: Removing transactions from the print or email queue offers assistance with clearing that To Be Printed window.

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

JohnnyBravo
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Why isn't there simply a button to clear receipts?

Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

157Kudos

380Solutions

Hi @JohnnyBravo 

While we see the benefit of such a feature, that is not something that is available in the software at the moment. I have passed your feedback on to the team.

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

HmmmReally
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

40Posts

75Kudos

1Solutions

Try turning off a networked printer to print to and see how the rest of the office likes it.  MYOB has been asked to provide an option to not print receipts but email them instead for years.  However no features are forthcoming.  There should be an option in preferences to not print and or clear any of the to be printed lists.  Again this has already been requested some years ago.  Again no feature forthcoming.  In Windows 10 the work around is as follows;

Set up a new Generic Printer in settings.  Make it local and set the port to Com1.  Call it something along the lines of "Use this because MYOB can't help".  Now go to the unprinted receipts and select the ones to clear.  When prompted, use the newly created printer.  Windows will respond with a printer error.  Find your way to the spooler and clear the que.  et voila.  Rinse and repeat.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post