26 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

26Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Accountright 2019.2 no close page 'x' showing

I have noticed of late that there has not been the 'x' in top right hand corner of page when you want to close a window. This is annoying as you have to instead click the left hamburger button on the page and select close page. Can this be fixed please? Maybe with latest update it's another glitch. 

Things have been really bad with MYOB lately and this is very unprofessional. Expect better. My bank feed is still not working. Hasn't update since 1.9.19 - well the total has but hasn't pulled through the entries from the bank and so now it shows inbalance in bank feeds. Spent ages trying to figure out what I'd done wrong but it's not me. You must be able to push a notification through to users to say there is an issue and you are working on it. Would save us wasting so much valuable time trying to work out what is wrong. Only found out by logging onto MYOB community. 

Hopefully things will be better tomorrow.  A move to Xero is looking good right now! 

The title of this post is random as nothing fits from the drop down selection and no ability to type in what category we think it belongs to. Yet another weird setup. 

9 REPLIES 9
Valued Cover User AndrewStephen
781 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

781Posts

543Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Accountright 2019.2 no close page 'x' showing

See MYOB it not just me or my computers like you have all indicated.

When are you going to fix this issue ?

I have it now on all three of the computers I use on a daily basis.

Clean Windows 10 Enterprise installations.

Valued User Robert_Mitchell
134 Posts
Valued User
Valued User

134Posts

38Kudos

0Solutions

Try Ctrl F4 or Alt F4 as this can close pages or complete applications respectively.

Cheers

Robert

781 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

781Posts

543Kudos

0Solutions

You can press where the window control icons are to close, minimise etc.

That's not the point.

There is an issue with the window control display, that has been reported and not fixed.

Makes it hard for those users that are not Windows / Computer savy and they think there is an issue and causes more support for internal IT departments / support staff.

Such a simple things can waste so much time when you add it up over a period of time.

These are the small issues that 1) should not be allowed to happen and 2) fixed in the next release.

In the case of AR20xx I first reported in after upgrading (rebuilding) my PC and reinstalling AR2018.4.1 on a new Windows 10 Enterprise computer.

Valued User Robert_Mitchell
134 Posts
Valued User
Valued User

134Posts

38Kudos

0Solutions

Yes agreed - just trying to find a workaround because it is unlikely to be fixed soon with all the other bugs and problems going on. Commiserations to those of you on the non-Classic versions!

Regards

Robert

Sue68
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Another MYOB upgrade muck up!  I agree, the no close page 'x' not showing is a nuisance.  Doesn't MYOB ever get real people / bookkeepers to test their software before sending it out?

Plus when are we going to be able to get an alphabetical list of employees with just their pay rate on one page?

This had never been possible.

Aargh!

Experienced Partner HeidiMarillier
14 Posts
Experienced Partner
New Zealand
Experienced Partner

14Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Sue

Just an observation on this - the "x" not showing occurred after the last big windows system update, not when 2019.2 was released. If you run on a windows 7 computer the page controls still display ok.

This Windows update happened early September so I don't think it would have had time to be corrected in 2019.3 which is out now.

The control are actually there - just not visible.

Cheers

Heidi

781 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

781Posts

543Kudos

0Solutions

Correct

Issue appears to be related to Windows 10

All my Windows 7 computers are OK, non of my Windows 10 (Pro or Enterprise) show the 'X',  our Windows 2019 Server is OK.

Its an issues on all our Windows 10 workstaion which are a mix of custom built PC using Gigabyte hardware, Dell Desktop PCs, Intec Nuc's

Partner AlanT
1,168 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

1,168Posts

879Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @AndrewStephen 

Yes, same for me.  My Windows 7 PCs are fine, just the Win 10 PCs.

Regards,

AlanT

781 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

781Posts

543Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @AlanT 

Yep and sadly its another issue Team MYOB resfuse to acknowledge and fix.

They have spent the last 12+ months blaming hardware and not there software.

Andrew

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post