Complaint - customer service, unable to access company file still un-resolved

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
notbutnet
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Complaint - customer service, unable to access company file still un-resolved

I would like to raise a formal complaint regarding the effort and time taken to try and resolve my issue with accessing my company file.

I have made 3 attempts at calling the customer service team over the past week - I was either transferred to the advanced technical team where no-one picked up the phone for over 1 hour, so I hung up (twice), or promised that I would receive a call back after cofirming that I would pay for the pass-word recovery process after being on the phone for an hour - no call back received.

The issue started when the 2-step verification process was introduced recently, and as we've sold our business we no longer have access to the email address that was set up with our login.  I managed to change the email address, however no matter what combination of emails/passwords that I use, I can no longer access our online company file - receiving an error each time that the password/email does not exist.

My GST is now overdue, can someone please help me gain access to my company file asap!! 

8 REPLIES 8
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Complaint - customer service, unable to access company file still un-resolved

Hi @notbutnet 

Sorry to hear that you have had that experience and have been unable to access your company file.

You mentioned that you are getting a message that your login is not able to access the file/is incorrect. Taking a look at the email address you have used to log into the Forum with this is a valid my.MYOB account and can be used to access an online company file.

I would recommend ensuring that you do have the entering the same email address and password (do check to see if caps lock is not enabled or something like that). I would also recommend going to Open a Company File>>Online and entering your my.MYOB account details through that sign on rather than by selecting the company file via the Recently Opened Company File list.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

notbutnet
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Complaint - customer service, unable to access company file still un-resolved

Hi @Steven_M 

Email address and password has been entered correctly.  It has been reset a number of times with the customer service team and each time I get the attached error message.

I can sign in to Account right 2019.2 with the same details - however I cannot access the company file without getting the attached error message. 

Please help!

Error message.JPG
notbutnet
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Am I able to access the password recovery process??

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @notbutnet 

The message looks like it is failing on the company file username and password screen. This would typically be Administrator and no password for company files i.e. select Ok. If that doesn't allow access and the password is not remembered or guessed then we would be looking at doing a paid password recovery on that company file as per MYOB data file repair services We are happy to arrange for that service although we do need to know what service you are looking at i.e. Premium or Standard?

Do note that if you are using the company file online with AccountRight it would be a slightly different process.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

notbutnet
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

If the password recovery process will gain me access to the company file then yes please.... the customer service received over the phone were doing that and were supposed to call me back - no call back received.

Our file is online and is with account right standard.

Thanks

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @notbutnet 

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you in regards to your enquiry

If you are still requiring that process, I'm happy to arrange for that Administrator password to be reset for that online company file. Do send me a private message on this Forum with your product serial number or company name, the business address and primary contact's name or email address.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

notbutnet
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M  a PM was sent 3 days ago and still no response.  Please can someone look into my issue that has been on-going for weeks now!!!!!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @notbutnet 

Sorry, I have missed that private message. However, I've replied to that message for you now to confirm some details so we can arrange for a password reset completed.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post