Creating first AIM statement fails to connect to IRD

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced User ScottStar
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Creating first AIM statement fails to connect to IRD

I'm using MYOB Essentials and attempting to create my first AIM statement (via Reports > GST & provisional tax filing). I have completed the AIM setup that is required to map all accounts.

The next step is to choose the "Add return" button. I then choose the AIM return type and a message flashes up on the web browser about some error connecting to Inland Revenue (but is disappears so I can't see what it said). Then I can choose the GST taxable period, period end, and accounting basis. For me I am attempting to create a 2 month statement of activity, ending 31 May 2018, based on a Cash accounting basis.

After selecting these options and clicking on the "Create" button the following error message apppears:

"Something unexpected happened obtaining the IRD Filed provisonal tax liability"

And I can do nothing at this point (no statement is generated, just the error message is shown).

I am using macOS High Sierra and a Chrome web browser (latest version). When I check for error message in the web browser console, I can see there are many.

I have cleared my web browser cache and cookies a few times to see if this resolves the error, but it does not.

I have also tried to perform this same task on a different PC that has the Windows 10 operating system and Chrome and Firefox web browsers (and has not been used to connect to MYOB Essentials before), but the same errors occur.

Has anyone experienced this kind of problem and found a solution to it? If you have, I would really appreciate knowing how to fix this problem.

1 REPLY 1
Experienced User ScottStar
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Creating first AIM statement fails to connect to IRD

Just waiting a day seems to have made a difference. Today the AIM statement can be generated. I just hope that when it comes to filing the return it works!

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post