Inventory Control Issues AR 2021.3

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
KatieMcL
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Inventory Control Issues AR 2021.3

We have run full inventory control for >20 years.  We have inwards stock, then build finished items in the form of Liquid Product, Jar, Lid Label for 250gm units to 30 KG units in the main, but also other types of items.

Value of stock was always checked via the Items Register report, Inventory Reconciliation report.    Since we started the online version we have a problem when building an item - it does not always use the average price of the bulk fluid item in stock.    The Item Register report will look correct, but when we check the item card figures via the blue arrows where there is Quantity on Hand; Current Value; Average Cost;,  those figures can be significantly different and sometimes by huge amounts, and the systems uses the card values for the Autobuilds.  When raised with MYOB they told us to start a new stock item number for the product, but then it can happen again.   2 Files attached show the differences at exact same point in time.

I have checked back to the old Premier v12 we ran, and that problem does not show at all.    Over the years I have drilled down into how the stock works, and how to fix some issues that come along with quantities and values etc.

However, I have never seen the differences and problems we are now getting.    And it makes it very difficult to get a true stock value.   Is there anyone out there who has in depth knowledge of how the stock system works, and how to resolve it and/or has anyone else encountered this problem. 

Look forward to some answers

1.Card Details.JPG
2.Report Details.JPG
1.Card Details.JPG
2.Report Details.JPG
7 REPLIES 7
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,856 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,856Posts

1,026Kudos

756Solutions

Re: Inventory Control Issues AR 2021.3

Hi @KatieMcL , do you by any chance use multiple locations?

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

KatieMcL
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,  No Multiple Locations or currencies..!  Cheers

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,856 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,856Posts

1,026Kudos

756Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @KatieMcL , that eliminates one possibility.

This program has been completely rewritten from the old v19 program, which can be misleading, because whilst it looks the same, the behaviour is not always the same.

You'll note from the forum that that there are quite a number of issues around inventory. 

The closing qty and value balances of both the on-screen item register and the item register detail report are taken from the onhand qty/value per the item card. Then prior balances are worked out backwards. 

If the closing values of the register detail report and the item register display do not agree to the item card, and there are no future dated transactions in the file (?), then you may need to have a script run over the file to correct the history. (There are a number of such scripts). A moderator can advise further.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

KatieMcL
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Mike,

Really appreciate your input and now have further understanding on the inner workings of the inventory balances.   I checked for forward entries and there were none up to the year 9999..!  I will contact MYOB to get a script run over it - they did not reply with that idea last time I contacted them regarding virtually the same thing.   Just said to start a new stock card.

Many thanks again,

Cheers,

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @KatieMcL 

If required, I'll be happy to arrange the necessary inventory scripts for you. Would need for you to confirm the following information to arrange that for you:

• Where the company file is stored i.e. online or local
  • What the LAST FOUR DIGITS of the serial number is - Setup>>Company Information
  • What is the company file ID - Help>>About AccountRight

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

KatieMcL
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven, 

Thank you for the offer.   I don't quite understand your position with MYOB as a moderator.   What does that mean exactly.  Many thanks, Cheers

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @KatieMcL 

MYOB Moderator group are employed by MYOB. We do monitor and moderate this Community Forum. We do often assist users with their technical support enquiries through this channel when appropriate.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post