Account Verification Code Accounting Version 17

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Tuai1
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Account Verification Code Accounting Version 17

I was using MYOB Accounting Version 17 and I lost everything in a fire.

I still have the software and would create company file and need data verification code. I would like to purchase it if need be.

Any help on how to do this.

Thank  you.

13 REPLIES 13
Liz_A
Valued User
325 Posts
Valued User
Valued User

325Posts

34Kudos

26Solutions

Re: Account Verification Code Accounting Version 17

Hi @Tuai1 

Your v17 is a perpetual licence so you shouldn't have to pay anything as long as you can work out your serial number and get a code for your file from MYOB. MYOB no longer sells perpetual programmes and you would have to pay at least 12 months subscription. The latest versions are slow, expensive and have a lot of on-going bugs so v17 is likely to be a better option for you.You said you have the software so I assume that means you can install the programme but you would have to start from scratch with the data file? If this is the case, then make sure you do regular removable backups from hereon and keep away from your office/home for just this scenario or similar. If I have misunderstood your situation, then post more questions so that others can help if I can't.

Cheers

Liz

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @Tuai1 

As @Liz_A  mentioned, you should be able to work on your old software without having to pay anything if you can find your product serial number.

If you need assistance with finding your serial number or have a serial number and need the verification code, please let us know and we'll be happy to assist. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Tuai1
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Can I still download and use MYOB Accounting Version 17 but pay on a monthly basis subscription?

Thank you.

Liz_A
Valued User
325 Posts
Valued User
Valued User

325Posts

34Kudos

26Solutions

Hi @Tuai1 

You can download v17 without paying as you have a perpetual licence. You would only need a new version if you have to lodge STP for employees or similar. A small business without employees will be fine on v17.

Cheers

Liz

Tuai1
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Is there anywhere I can get a new copy of MYOB Accounting Version 17 and get a new Serial Number and Verification Code?

What I have a copy given by someone with with a serial number that is working but it's serial number i not the original one I lost . I lost mine in the fire.

Thank you.

Liz_A
Valued User
325 Posts
Valued User
Valued User

325Posts

34Kudos

26Solutions

Hi @Tuai1 

You can download the software from here:

https://www.myob.com/au/support/downloads

Scroll down to Other Products to find your version. If you do have a backup anywhere of your file, then you can restore and find the serial number in the file. If you don't have it anywhere, then ask MYOB on here for a Private Message link that you can provide as much detail for your business/licence and they should be able to find your original serial number so that you can start again. MYOB will have it, as v17 requires regular file confirmations - it's just a matter of tracking it down with MYOB's help. If you have been using someone else's file with their serial number, you won't be able to change the serial number to your number without using a third party provider that I am not allowed to identify one here but you can contact me at majubawest@hotmail.com if you need more info.

Cheers

Liz

Tuai1
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Need a private message link please.

Thank you.

Tuai1
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

How I can subscribe to get a Verification Code?

Please help with process

Thank you.

Tuai1
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

How do I go about getting the data verification code?  The 12 months scription you mentioned in the beginning.

Thank you.

Tuai

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post