Banking Reconciliation Report Error

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
kaylaboyd
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Banking Reconciliation Report Error

I'm not sure if this is a known error & currently being worked on. 

Have noticed when looking at the banking reconciliation report in a clients file that under the heading 'Reconciliation' it has 'Deduct: Outstanding withdrawals'. This should be adding outstanding withdrawals to get the correct bank statement balance. 

And 'Add: Outstanding deposits' should be deducting as they have not been received in the bank statement period.

Last month this happened as well, but the month before (June) the reports were producing correctly.

Is this being looked into by MYOB?

Banking Reconciliation Report Error.png
1 REPLY 1
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: Banking Reconciliation Report Error

Hi @kaylaboyd 

Welcome to the Community Forum. We have been made aware of this situation occurring. This happens on reconciliations where the account numbers are not prefixed by the account type, which causes the software to not register what type of account it is, and may reverse the information. 

For your circumstances, I can see that in the screenshot the account number is "680". If you were to change it to 1-6800 or 2-6800, that would allow the software to know which account type it is and display the report correctly. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post