General Ledger Summary out of balance

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Partner DanimCPA
2 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

General Ledger Summary out of balance

Hello all

I am new to this so I hope someone may be able to help.  I have coded many thousands of General ledger summaries (the new activity) but today I have found the total of the debits (as shown at the bottom of the report) do not equal the total credits and hence my jounal will not balance.  Has anyone come across this before and do they know how it can be fixed? 

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Partner DanimCPA
2 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: General Ledger Summary out of balance

Hello again,

I have not worked out why this happened but I have narrowed where the problem happened by priting the transaction journals for each month and visually checking the debits and credits for each journal.  two journals were out of balance which accounted for the difference in my general ledger summary debits and credits.  I am at a loss how they came about.  Drilling in to the jourrnal and the underlying data entry appears fine.  Very frustrating but at least I can continue on.

Highlighted
Community Manager Suja_P
5,894 Posts
Community Manager
Australia
Community Manager

5,894Posts

2,156Kudos

477Solutions

Re: General Ledger Summary out of balance

Hi @DanimCPA,

A very warm welcome to the MYOB Community Forum. I hope you find this to be a useful tool.

In order for me to direct your query to the appropriate team, would you please confirm the MYOB product and version that you are using.

Once we have this information one of our team would be happy to assist. 

Cheers,
Suja Pillai

Social Support and Community Manager

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post