What's new in AccountRight 2015.2 - interview with Dale Dixon, Product Manager

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Former Staff
35 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

35Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

What's new in AccountRight 2015.2 - interview with Dale Dixon, Product Manager

I caught up with Dale Dixon, AccountRight Product Manager, to get the lowdown on what's coming in AccountRight 2015.2 in early May. 

Highlights include support for SMSF in Pay Super, new and improved (!) HELP, and a bunch of workflow tweaks. Listen to the interview now on SoundCloud.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
10 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

10Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Re: What's new in AccountRight 2015.2 - interview with Dale Dixon, Product Manager

Hi Alistair,

Thanks for posting this.

Could you please share some more details on the workflow tweaks? It was great to hear about the 2 big changes re: SMSF and Help, but my main area of interest is those workflow tweaks.

Regards,

Ben

Highlighted
Former Staff
35 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

35Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Re: What's new in AccountRight 2015.2 - interview with Dale Dixon, Product Manager

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your question. I don't have the definitive guide to changes, improvements, tweaks and twerks yet, but I DO have a high level list to get you started. The 'what's new' document, which comes out around release time, will have a more exhaustive list for you. I'll bring it to this board the very second I receive it.

Here's what I've gleaned so far ...

Notable workflow improvements and fixes

Speed and performance

Speed and performance improvements when:

• emailing and printing large invoices and pay slips.
  • finding transactions by cards

Sales and Purchases

Monthly customer statements now display refunds.

The error when entering purchases that affected some clients after upgrading to 2015.1 has been fixed.

Delete (or reverse) and recap debit note refunds after they’re recorded (2015.1 defect)

Contacts

Mailing labels now print on one sheet (not one per sheet) and print alphabetically.

Payroll

• Data entry improvements in the Pay liability area
    • date fixes to make the dates function like the rest of the software (i.e. not refresh to today’s date or current month date range after each transaction is recorded)
    • the last payment type used is remembered.
  • Updating hourly rate in payroll details now updates standard pay.

Reporting and Timesheets

• Audit Security and Session reports now show the correct local timezone
  • Calculator now works in Timesheets like it does in sales & purchases (keyboard activated).

I hope that helps until the full list of changes is announced!

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post