Partner Zone

Exhibition sales and invoicing

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Neilrnld
2 Posts
User
Australia

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Exhibition sales and invoicing

I have decided to join the 21st century and jettison the old carbon sales books  that we have used for many years.

We work at shows and exhibitions all over Australia selling a variety of products. Our home office operates MYOB and I dream of a small touchscreen computer (+ printer) that can run MYOB and be used on site to better manage sales, stock control, printed invoices, et.al. Then, via portable wi-fi sync all info with the office at the end of the day/event.

I am looking for advice from those who have done it already.

What range of hardware should I be looking at? The Canon Pixma iP100 gets good reviews and is relatively small in size (essential). Will a tablet with Win OS do the job, or should I look at laptops? There are a few occasions when 240v may not be available. What version of MYOB?

3 REPLIES 3
Sebastien_D
2,784 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

2,784Posts

0Kudos

232Solutions

Re: Exhibition sales and invoicing

Welcome to the Community Forum @Neilrnldwe hope you find it beneficial for your MYOB queries.

More than happy to assist you in finding out what product and setup would be best suited. You mentioned you are currently using MYOB at your home office? If so, what verison are you using there? 

I recommend looking at the desktop version of MYOB AccountRight Live for your business. This will allow you to run two versions of the program from your home office and at shows and exhibitions. If you are looking for a program with Payroll features, you might like to consider the AccountRight Live version of Plus or Premier. If Payroll is not needed, then there is the AccountRight Live Standard version. I have sent you a quote for both of these products to your email for you to decide which is valid for 30 days.

It would be best to invest in a laptop for use when you are not at the home office as most touchscreens and tablets are not compatible with MYOB programs and do not work accordingly. As for the printer hardware, I do not have any recommendations but hopefully some other users are able to comment on their current setup.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have further queries.

Kind Regards

Sebastien
MYOB Client Support

Accept as SolutionGot an answer that solves your issue?
Mark it as an Accepted Solution

Neilrnld
2 Posts
User
Australia

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Sebastien. Your advice is invaluable.
I am looking at the Canon PIXMA iP100 which has has good reviews. Does anyone have other recommendations?
Sebastien_D
2,784 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

2,784Posts

0Kudos

232Solutions

Hey @Neilrnld,

Thanks for your reply.

Glad you were able to find the information helpful. We as staff generally do not give specific advice on hardware, hopefully other users may be able to share their experience. 

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have further queries.

Kind Regards

Sebastien
MYOB Client Support

Accept as SolutionGot an answer that solves your issue?
Mark it as an Accepted Solution

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post